Corporate Info?

VoyagerHS

Does anyone know where to find a full list of corporate employees, executives, etc at Cunard? These days this kind of information seems difficult if not impossible to locate. Many businesses appear to have a "moat" surrounding them over the past decade or two.

Does anyone know where to find a full list of corporate employees, executives, etc at Cunard? These days this kind of information seems difficult if not impossible to locate. Many businesses appear to have a "moat" surrounding them over the past decade or two.

Are you kidding? You want a "full list of corporate employees, executives, etc at Cunard"? Why would that be important to you? I can understand why the Captain and Officers would be of interested for a voyage on which we sailed, but what interests you in the full list of corporate employees, etc :confused:

I do not want a full list of every employee at Cunard, but it would be advantageous to the passengers if when we ask, we could be given the name of a head of a department with which there is a problem, in order that the problem can be dealt with.

I paid hundreds of dollars to be met by a Cunard Rep and Cunard transport at JFK on July 5th. I was not met.

No one on board could or would respond as to why this happened, and when I asked for the name of the person i/c of the dept organizing this I was told "that information is confidential"!

The same dept failed to provide wheelchair assist and the paid for Cunard transport on disembarkation, and again of course I could not have the name of the person responsible for this second error!

I do not want a full list of every employee at Cunard, but it would be advantageous to the passengers if when we ask, we could be given the name of a head of a department with which there is a problem, in order that the problem can be dealt with.

I paid hundreds of dollars to be met by a Cunard Rep and Cunard transport at JFK on July 5th. I was not met.

No one on board could or would respond as to why this happened, and when I asked for the name of the person i/c of the dept organizing this I was told "that information is confidential"!

The same dept failed to provide wheelchair assist and the paid for Cunard transport on disembarkation, and again of course I could not have the name of the person responsible for this second error!

Mrs Jimsgirl, to the best of my knowledge, Cunard (Carnival Corp) has out-sourced many functions - including, but not limited to transport to and from airports to the pier.

My guess is that the best you can hope for is the name of the company to which Cunard awarded the contract, and then pursue your inquiry with that company. What I have been told is that Cunard assumes no liability for contract employees. And since so many are contract employees, the cruise line reduces its liability while passengers are left asking who is responsible?

Since you are a Diamond World Club member, my suggestion is that you send an e-mail enquiry to the World Club Desk.

I'm very sorry about your experience. I expected better from Cunard, and certainly, you deserve nothing but the best. Regards, Salacia

Edited by Salacia

How is that possible.....to pay upfront for a service that they don't provide and the service desk on board tells you they can't help. I don't think I would have walked away without a satisfactory answer and assurance that I would get the payed for service when I disembarked. They should have contacted the dept. that made those arrangements. You have your paperwork and they have records. I would certainly contact the WC desk and start there to get a reimbursement. I wouldn't trust that to email....I would call them and expect them to transfer me to someone that WILL help me. They reimburse for tour problems all the time.

How is that possible.....to pay upfront for a service that they don't provide and the service desk on board tells you they can't help.

I don't think I would have walked away without a satisfactory answer and assurance that I would get the payed for service when I disembarked.

They should have contacted the dept. that made those arrangements. You have your paperwork and they have records. I would certainly contact the WC desk and start there to get a reimbursement. I wouldn't trust that to email....I would call them and expect them to transfer me to someone that WILL help me. They reimburse for tour problems all the time.

I totally agree. Well said.

I wonder why such a confidentiality exists?

I can understand why they don't want to give out all the departments numbers....I'm sure not all are set up to deal with the public but certainly the ones who provide customer service should know how to direct complaints about all issues.

I can also understand how Cunard can't assume liability for outsourced contracts such as injury, lack of numerous services, and our general satisfaction. BUT, I would certainly think that they would be liable if the service was never provided. That would be between the vendor and Cunard. Cunard did after all collect the money to connect the passenger with the vendor.

I know the world doesn't always respond the way I think it should, but this is outright neglect and I'm sure Cunard would want to make it right.....if Jimsgirl ever manages to speak to the right person.

Still trying to get answers. NO I AM NOT SEEKING FREE CRUISE, before I get flamed.

The only answer I have received from staff at Shore tours who are employed by same agency, was that the agency does not meet at Terminal 5 (JetBlue) JFK, that passengers

coming into that terminal are supposed to be told by Cunard, that they should take the airport shuttle bus from Terminal 5 to Terminal 1 and there "look for Cunard Rep who will arrange for them to board the transport there".

None of which seems right to me .

As for the second error, well you all know what answer I got from the Shore Tours on that, yes, the good old excuse "Computer error" and this only after I had stood in line twice to get a staffer, plus produced my paperwork.

My god how Customer Service has changed since I worked. Then companies treated

customers as if their patronage was "valued", and no staff would have ignored a complaint.

If Cunard (or any other cruise line ) have trouble filling cabins, perhaps they should look to how they treat customers, and how they respond to "Foul ups" Yes we are all human, we make mistakes, but we should acknowledge these errors and at least apologize and

not constantly put the blame on an inanimate machine

Still trying to get answers. NO I AM NOT SEEKING FREE CRUISE, before I get flamed.

The only answer I have received from staff at Shore tours who are employed by same agency, was that the agency does not meet at Terminal 5 (JetBlue) JFK, that passengers

coming into that terminal are supposed to be told by Cunard, that they should take the airport shuttle bus from Terminal 5 to Terminal 1 and there "look for Cunard Rep who will arrange for them to board the transport there".

As for the second error, well you all know what answer I got from the Shore Tours on that, yes, the good old excuse "Computer error" and this only after I had stood in line twice to get a staffer, plus produced my paperwork.

My god how Customer Service has changed since I worked. Then companies treated customers as if their patronage was "valued", and no staff would have ignored a complaint.

If Cunard (or any other cruise line ) have trouble filling cabins, perhaps they should look to how they treat customers, and how they respond to "Foul ups" Yes we are all human, we make mistakes, but we should acknowledge these errors and at least apologize and

Excellent post Jimsgirl, one of your best.

I'm sorry that you've had cause to make it. I think you've been very badly treated on this issue. And I certainly would not say that you're aiming for a free cruise, that is not how you come across in your posts about this problem. But I find myself in agreement with your post above. I hope for a positive outcome for you :) . I wish you luck.

Best wishes.

(Years ago an elderly relative of mine (almost 90) travelled with British Airways to South Africa. She booked "special assistance" as she couldn't carry even hand luggage around the terminal and would never have found the correct gate. She was met "air-side" at security (I took her as far as I could "land-side") by a young lady from BA who greeted her with "Now, you don't mind carrying your own bags do you dear, but I've put my back out and can't lift a thing"...)

Edited by pepperrn

It doesn't seem right to me either, Lynn. At the very least, have you been offered a refund for the services you paid for but didn't receive? -S

Also, I would think, since Cunard was supposed to inform you about the shuttle transfer....it's back on Cunard....and not the vendor.

I don't know about US consumer law, but in the UK your contract is with the people you paid for the service (Cunard).The subcontractor would be theirs, not mine.

I notice that you mention failure to provide wheelchair assistance as agreed. Does this give you a stick to beat them with under your version of DDA legislation?

As for contacts being confidential, I suspect this is just pleb speak for, "I can't be bothered to find out for you and I'd rather not get involved in anything that might have me still running around in three days time".

Good luck with pursuing it. I love chasing down poor service - it usually isn't worth my time but it's good for the soul.

customers as if their patronage was "valued", and no staff would have ignored a complaint.

I think everyone is trying to avoid litigation these days, so corporations have a league of lawyers telling them to be quiet, "avoid" dealing with a complaint if possible, and never, ever admit error. I'm sure they can't admit error because this would be a liability in terms of litigation.

I think everyone is trying to avoid litigation these days, so corporations have a league of lawyers telling them mum's the word, avoid dealing with a complaint if possible, and never, ever admit error. I'm sure they can't admit error because this would be a liability in terms of potential litigation. Unfortunately, apologizing is also admitting error.

Edited by Tess of the Sea

I don't know about US consumer law, but in the UK your contract is with the people you paid for the service (Cunard).The subcontractor would be theirs, not mine.

I notice that you mention failure to provide wheelchair assistance as agreed. Does this give you a stick to beat them with under your version of DDA legislation?

As for contacts being confidential, I suspect this is just pleb speak for, "I can't be bothered to find out for you and I'd rather not get involved in anything that might have me still running around in three days time".

Good luck with pursuing it. I love chasing down poor service - it usually isn't worth my time but it's good for the soul.

In the United States, we have the Americans with Disability Act. For more information, see http://www.ada.gov/

Regarding Contract Law, I've never booked a transfer to or from the port, so I have no idea what the fine print says regarding who is to be held accountable.

But in general, yes, I would think that if payment is made to Cunard, then Cunard is responsible for delivering that service. But since Cunard appears be responding like an egg frying on a Teflon pan, I'd go back to the booking arrangements and read the fine print.

Heck, if I had the inclination, money, and time - and if I believed my cause was just, I'd take the blighters to Small Claims Court if they couldn't fess up and make amends.

I have family members and friends of various ages who make specific (and not inexpensive) travel arrangement due to various physical conditions, some of those conditions are temporary and some are permanent. If Cunard can't be relied on for their transfer arrangements, then I could not - nor would I recommend Cunard transfers.

Edited by Salacia

I think everyone is trying to avoid litigation these days, so corporations have a league of lawyers telling them mum's the word, avoid dealing with a complaint if possible, and never, ever admit error. I'm sure they can't admit error because this would be a liability in terms of potential litigation. Unfortunately, apologizing is also admitting error.

Tess, I'm sorry to say that I believe you are correct. -S.

Tess, I'm sorry to say that I believe you are correct. -S.

Tess very well could be right, and that is the reason Cunard has been so sedentary. Taking your advice , Salacia, and lighting a fire under their bottoms with the threat of a trip to small claims court might get them moving. It certainly appears as if Lynn was not provided services she contracted for and that some sort of compensation should be provided.

Just to be "fair" I did receive $59 added to my OBC being cost of transport JFK to Grand Hyatt this after several trips to Pursers office and the threat of a "sit in", took 7 days to get this - minus any apology but Cunard (or agency ) kept the rest of the money I paid

$590 minus $350 for room (I checked with Hotel for this cost), equals $240 paid to Cunard for services I did not receive.

Fortunately I had not contracted with Cunard for the similar package for Sept 27th cruise for which the price had increased to $790 (same Hotel same price room).

I have now arranged my own hotel, cost $322 i/c all taxes , (room has Coffee maker, fridge, microwave and hotel has restaurant on site which Grand Hyatt did not have ) wheel chair/luggage assist from Jet Blue staff $10, luggage cart $5, cab to Hotel in Times Square $70 i/c tolls and tip. Another $20 from Hotel to terminal , Manhattan this time .

Total cost $427, as against $790. I save not only over $300 but a great deal of aggravation.

I have learnt my lesson.

Your best chance for reimbursement for services not rendered is to carefully, in detail, write a comprehensive summary of your claim to your Credit Card company. This puts your transaction in dispute. (again, in writing, sent via snail mail)

They are generally very good about researching and awarding payments to consumers who have been "ripped off" by a business.

This also gets the attention of the business as they have to pay someone to research the issue and, if they lose, the CC company takes both the amount of the charge back and a "charge back" fee.

I see very few folks who seem to know about this. They exhaust themselves with long waits on the telephone and animated discussions with CSR's.

We have found this method to be very effective in the few cases we have used it.

One time we made a post on ripoffreport.com which garnered a prompt response.