Imagination or Inspiration?

jasbo49

Never sailed on the Inspiration, but we've cruised on the Imagination twice and really loved it. The first time we went I wasn't looking forward to it because it was a short cruise on a small ship and we ended up having a blast. Second time was great too. Fantastic crew and very fun vibe. Would sail again in a heartbeat.

We are looking at a 3-4 day getaway out of L.A. in October. Does anyone have a preference or reason to choose one over the other since they're almost the same ship running the same itinerary?

Jim

Well, we've only been on the Inspiration.

In order of preference with these choices I'd go for a 4 night Imagination cruise first. Why? Because, we haven't been on the Imagination yet, and 4 nights is better than 3.

I'd also be looking at the dates that fit that bill and choosing from those.

2nd choice would probably be 3 night Imagination. We did a 4 night itinerary in Feb, so we'd just be taking this cruise to check out the ship.

I would pick based on which one is cheapest, and which one departs on the day day that's most convenient. Besides decor, the ships are basically identical.

Edited by Tapi

Went on a 4 day on the inspiration last September. Had a blast. Only problem was the cruise was too short. 😢

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

I would pick based on which one is cheapest, and which one departs on the day day that's most convenient. Besides decor, the ships are basically identical.

Since the Imagination came the ships have had almost the same pricing.

OP what about work? On the Imagination you can still work a day and a half.

Thanks, everyone. I was mostly debating which ship. What we're looking for is something to tack on to the front or back of an already-booked 4-day Golden Princess cruise, something to make the trip from Oregon to SoCal worthwhile. So while we would prefer a 4-day, it's not as critical as timing. Mostly wondered whether, all other things being equal, people had a preference between ships, whether one had a captain or crew that seemed superior. Sounds like everyone is happy with both.

Jim

My DH and I sailed on the Imagination in late May of this year. From the reviews I was reading pre cruise, I kept telling my husband to be prepared, that this ship will probably disappoint you. Well, when we boarded he said this ship is great, much better than expected. We really liked it. It was clean, the food was really good and the shows were so impressive that we told the singers and dancers we encountered that their shows were among the best we have seen. We have sailed RCCL, Holland America, Crystal, Princess and NCL.