Why all the Vision of the Seas negativity?

I just came back from the Vision Eastern Mediterranean cruise two days ago... it was a WONDERFUL time. I love the Vision of the Seas, and the staff was amazing! The cruise Director, Mercedes isn't my favorite, and I felt the same way the last time I had her on the Adventure of the Seas... but otherwise, the rest of the staff was absolutely fantastic. The ship is in great condition for it's age, and I didn't have a single complaint. Very happy Diamond Member here!
Glad you enjoyed your voyage could you tell me what theme nights they had if any Thank you

Glad you enjoyed your voyage could you tell me what theme nights they had if any Thank you

Sure... We had a 50's/60's party on the first night, a 70's party on one of the sea days, and a "Greek/White Party" on the pool deck the day we left Santorini. One night was also a "Latin" themed party early in the evening in the Centrum, and then it moved up to the Viking Crown Club later in the night! Very fun time!

Hi. We are sailing on Vision in 10 days. Am I correct in thinking that second seating traditional dining is at 9.00?

Yes, as that is what it says on our reservation.

I wonder if the show is then before dinner?

Edited by Ine

• 2 weeks later...

We came back yesterday from the Med on our Vision of the seas cruise. It was our 1st time on RCCL after some HAL and Celebrity cruises.

We loved size of the ship, it is well maintained, absolutely great friendly crew. Service and also food were always very good, in the Windjammer as well as in the Aquarius dining room. Loved our servers Ana and Diana, nice ladies and allways friendly. We had 2nd seating which was at 8.30 (not 9 as mentioned before)

Of course pleasantly surprised the night captain Marek was singing, he is a real rockstar! Also he was on the gangway when we left the ship thanking passengers and wishing them well on their journey home. He shows he loves his job. He will make just one more journey before going on leave again. Sorry for those of you that will sail with another captain.

Our oceanview cabin was a little disappointing re size (smaller then on other ships we sailed), but we were shocked about the size of the bathroom! Now that is so small and I hated the curtain in this very narrow shower.

We were told before there would be no shampoo, showergel or body lotion in the bathroom as on other lines. We brought our own, but having them supllied would be nicer we think.

Will we sail RCCL again, yes absolutely, but not sure about the bigger ships.

Edited by Ine

Mostly all those reviews are very subjective. Everyone has other criteria in evaluating the overall cruise experience, and as experienced cruisers know, a lot depends on the crew currently being onboard.

To be honest, I left Liberty and Vision otS with mixed feelings:

-especially the food at WJ was poor at breakfast and lunch

-poor organisation (embarkation/disembarkation ~ 3 hours each)

-improvable maintenance and cleaningness

-compared to other lines (NCL, Princess, X), I PERS. ENCOUNTERED some service disadvantages (no shower gel @stateroom, no complimentary drinks @gangway, need to share a table @MDR without being aksed)

The hardware of Vision otS IMHO was okay. Too less open deck space for the ships' size and number of passengers, but the size actually I liked and the different nice lounges with seaview inside the ship I also kinda liked.

I definitely found Vision to be better than Liberty, which represented a floating resort.

But all those points are MY POINT OF VIEW, based on my experiences and comparisons to the mentioned other lines.

It might well be that you make other experiences and do not care for the disadvantages I personally observed and encountered.

Passenger reviews are very subjective and observations for the current moment, to inform about a ship IMHO it is better to read the descriptions of the ship and inform about FACTS (opening hours, public rooms, menus) and do not care for subjective passanger feedback. At least that's my attitude...

Edited by shipfriend_max