Does Carnival Read These Posts?

I was wondering if anyone thinks that Carnival reads Cruise Critic reviews and posts? Do complaints about passenger entertainment, DJ's, service cut-backs, photo lines on the gangway, etc. get noticed by Carnival or are they oblivious to what people say?

There seems to be a good deal of bashing against CC members on Carnival's social media outlets, so I would say that they do read them. But since the same problems linger for so long, it doesn't seem like they take the feedback to heart. A good example is all of the negative feedback about the DJs. And yet Carnival hangs on to their DJs as if they are royalty.

No, Norwegian has a Cruise Critic M&G on every sailing, regardless of whether or not someone reaches out to NCL to schedule one. If nobody reaches out to them, a room is usually provided. Carnival, you're lucky if the Cruise Director shows up or the brand ambassador arranges for a room or two ships on a stick.

I've been on 24 Carnival cruises and I've never met a cruise director.

There seems to be a good deal of bashing against CC members on Carnival's social media outlets.

Besides Johns comments what other Carnival social media outlets are you talking about. I follow them on most popular outlets. Never saw Carnival themselves bash CC.

I go to cruise, if I choose to arrange a M&G or attend the arranged M&G I don't expect the cruise line to bend over backward to provide free snacks and have non-alcoholic drinks. From my experience only ONE M&G that was arranged and organized by a friend had a good turn out. We had around 50ish people show up, and that was a good 75% of the people on the role call. One informal M&G had around 130 people say they would be there, perhaps 30 of us showed up. The last one in 2011 had close to 180 people say they would be going and the back lounge was reserved......well, we never said we would be going, but walked by the lounge and there was maybe 15-20 people....oh my, so 160ish people were no showed...Latest cruise coming up has 200. I don't have the heart to tell them that odds are they'll get 10-25% of the 200, unless they had it as a cocktail party where they all paid for an hour or two of drinks...

CC is a great resource, but sorry, some people just think Carnival should bend over backwards to cater to CC groups.....not me...I am on vacation, so just show me a good time

I'm too busy having fun on my cruise to take the time to meet and greet a bunch of Carnival suits. I know some seem to enjoy it. I'd be like the 6 year in church fidgeting in my chair and wondering "Can I go outside and play on the Cruise Ship now?"

I don't think it is so much about meeting the "Carnival Suits" as it is for getting to know others. Some people who are active on their roll calls will be posting back and forth just to talk or to set up excursions. The gatherings are a great way to meet the people you have been "talking" to on the forum. I think they are great. To bad Carnival doesn't do this. Don't know why they call themselves the Fun Ships.

I've been on 24 Carnival cruises and I've never met a cruise director.

Gosh, you are indeed lucky! I wish Carnival's CD's would develop permanent cases of laryngitis, they are horrid with their incessant and never ending announcements re absolute crap.

It's funny to me that several are praising NCL while putting down Carnival, yet they're on the Carnival board and have future Carnival cruises in their signature... I'm not a fanboy, but I appreciate the value Carnival gives, which is what keeps me coming back. I've not been on NCL, I'm sure their product is great, but I happen to love the traditional DR and I think I would miss it on NCL, so I keep coming back to Carnival. The other discussed lines are considerably more expensive, imo, so a discussion that includes them are apples to oranges in my book.

I'm not putting down carnival, I'm very excited about my cruise and I'm over the moon about the cheaper cheers program. I simply said I was disappointed that an experience that was offered on NCL won't be available on Carnival and admitted that I made an assumption that I probably shouldn't have. I am more then entitled to have an opinion and feel a type away about it so :cool:

Edited by missy428

We'll start with this post: http://johnhealdsblog.com/2011/10/06/convertible-blog/

I'm a fan of John Heald's CD schtick and I enjoy his blog and FB postings from time-to-time, but he is the brand ambassador/online representative of CCL. Many times he will put-down, make fun of, or embarrass anyone who says they are a member here, even if the comment is well-meaning.

For someone making a statement like that, he certainly has a hard time following through. There is a Cruise Critic post du jour, as well as a "your fat and I can help you" post du jour, a "attack on family members" post du jour, etc. it's like they work to a template.

For someone making a statement like that, he certainly has a hard time following through. There is a Cruise Critic post du jour, as well as a "your fat and I can help you" post du jour, a "attack on family members" post du jour, etc. it's like they work to a template.

JH knows he will get a rise out of his minions when he posts the idiot CC poster of the day.

I suspect he writes many of them himself.

Thanks Brides! I always knew he'd mention Pine Bluff (aka h82seaugo) in some blogs. But always thought it was just cause of the personal attacks on him.

Why do I remember someone revealing that h82seeugo was the name John used to post either here or another site?

Thanks Brides! I always knew he'd mention Pine Bluff (aka h82seaugo) in some blogs. But always thought it was just cause of the personal attacks on him.

Don't believe everything he posts. One will end up thinking Dick and Anita Little are real people as well.

Don't be so sure about what you read from JH and his blog. He's mentioned me on his FB page, but there's was also a post attributed to me at his blog that I never made. I have my suspicions about who it was that did it, but I have no proof and really don't care. He's not here anymore and is posting at FV now. It may even have been fabricated by JH himself. It caused me no harm and actually made me laff.

Yes Carnival reads these posts

besides all the others that are on FB that report to JH

JH gets his bigboy panties in a bunch when people mention CC

I think he has also had a screen name on CC

Carnival sends waiters to the M&G to make money

RCCL They actually have a link on CC to register

you get someone from entertainment staff usually the CD

also give a few free items away besides beverages and snacks

NCL sends most of the higher ranking staff

they hand out their business cards and ask you to call them personally if there is any issues

Besides beverages and snacks

Nailed it.