New Cruise Director Schedule

It doesn't look like WEE JIMMY ( RALPH ) will be CD for any of the ships.

I was looking forward to seeing him in Sept.

Has anyone heard anything about him ?

Char

Believe he left. Amazing how much turnover in CD's lately

Believe he left. Amazing how much turnover in CD's lately

I usually don't have any problems with carnival as evident by my post here. However i think the entertainer director position is a demotion for them. So maybe some want to leave before they are demoted to emcee. I wonder if maybe thats why Risa left a few months ago. Who knows.

We have Calvyn Martens...don't know much about any of the cruise directors. Anyone had Calvyn before?

Calvin has been john healds personal assistant. I think this may be his first full contract as a cd. The videos ive seen of him and john together are very funny.

What about Cory Rogers?

Cory is great and we really enjoyed our cruise with him as CD on the Miracle. What a hard working guy....he was always visible all over the ship and seemed to enjoy socializing with passengers. Great sense of humor onstage too. Hopefully we'll be lucky enough to be on the same ship with him again in the future.

Calvin has been john healds personal assistant. I think this may be his first full contract as a cd. The videos ive seen of him and john together are very funny.

We had Calvyn on Pride in July and WOW he was awesome! He mentioned it was only his second cruise as CD and we were shocked. He connected with everyone, young & old. We found ourselves making sure we never missed anything he or Benjamin Buttons were running which was certainly not the case on our last cruise, where we didn't even know who the CD was.

We thought he was hilarious, yet serious when it came to things like muster drill and getting people on and off the ship efficiently.

Deck parties were a blast with his high energy!! :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

we are going to be on the Dream In January, can anyone tell us anything about our CD Hennie Van Heerden? We had Jeff Bronson on the Elation in 2012 and we liked him.

Hennie is outgoing and friendly. He does have an unusual way of making announcements. He ends by saying "bye bye.......(long pause)......I said bye bye".

I would highly suggest going to at least one of the night time music trivia sessions with Eversen. OMG....we had never been to a music trivia before, b.

What makes it fun also is the amount of people that participate in his music trivia-- its unlike anything I ever seen before.

There is no CD mentioned on the Splendor for February-- does that mean we create our own fun

Dang, it only goes to Feb and I cruise the Sunshine in March. BTW, Is Jamie Dee actually Jamie Deutsche???

Also, why is there a CD and and Entertainer Director on the Sunshine? What is the difference in the job?

Yes it is the same Jamie.

Difference in cd and ed. Cd is now just an emcee or mc of "voice of the ship" and the ED is the head of the entertainment department with no public presence. The Ed will do all the behind the scenes stuff and manage the entertainment staff. The cd will do all the public stuff like host shows, announcements, visit guest, and be the voice in case of emergencies.

Yes it is the same Jamie.

Difference in cd and ed. Cd is now just an emcee or mc of "voice of the ship" and the ED is the head of the entertainment department with no public presence. The Ed will do all the behind the scenes stuff and manage the entertainment staff. The cd will do all the public stuff like host shows, announcements, visit guest, and be the voice in case of emergencies.

Great. We had her on the Liberty back in 2011 and she was great. Hopefully she will be doing the beginning of March as well on the Sunshine.

Thanks for that info. I guess since only some ships have a CD they pull double duty and do both jobs on a ship without an ED.

Adam Cornes is on the Fascination in October has anyone had him?

I don't know the young Man,,I am glad there will

be a new CD..................

I like Paul..........His jokes was getting old............

I have heard the jokes many times..................LOL.....................

I don't know the young Man,,I am glad there will

be a new CD..................

I like Paul..........His jokes was getting old............

I have heard the jokes many times..................LOL.....................

Just looked at the CD schedule again.........Adam Cornes is filling

as CD on the Fascination until Paul Santley gets back from Vacation........

Edited by BARBARA J.W.

Dang, it only goes to Feb and I cruise the Sunshine in March. BTW, Is Jamie Dee actually Jamie Deutsche???

Also, why is there a CD and and Entertainer Director on the Sunshine? What is the difference in the job?

The new entertainment director position:

"So as I mentioned on Facebook the other day, we will soon be starting our rollout of the brand new and very shiny position of entertainment director which is the cruise directors’ old job minus any contact with the microphone or the PA system. It is designed to get the CDs out with the guests more and pass the desk responsibilities, departmental management responsibilities and the hemorrhoids that come with all of that to the new position."

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2014/06/17/john-heald-headhunter/

The new entertainment director position:

"So as I mentioned on Facebook the other day, we will soon be starting our rollout of the brand new and very shiny position of entertainment director which is the cruise directors’ old job minus any contact with the microphone or the PA system. It is designed to get the CDs out with the guests more and pass the desk responsibilities, departmental management responsibilities and the hemorrhoids that come with all of that to the new position."

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2014/06/17/john-heald-headhunter/

Thank you very much.