Breeze Review -- Nov. 16 -- Lots of pictures and Blackjack Tournament

billys5764

It is now official. I am booked on the Breeze, November 16 -- 6 days, Western Caribbean. Most important, I'm in the Blackjack Tournament.

I won the tournament on the Liberty in June. Unfortunately, DW can't go with me. I asked others and no one could come. Because I'm basically cheap, I put out a plea on "another" cruise board website and got a response. Another guy about my age is also traveling "solo." So, we are sharing a room.

Now before anyone gets worried, I've talked to him and he seems like a very nice person. I explained that I'm not looking for a shadow. I'm doing my thing and he can do his. He, of course, is welcome to join me if he wants, but he doesn't have to.

I'm trying "Your Time Dining" for the first time. I hope I will like it.

It will be lonely without DW along. But, a lonely day at sea is better than a non-lonely day at home. OMG, did I just say that? Please don't quote me on that, I'll deny I ever said it.

I booked under the code PBJ (no relation to the sandwich). The rates were pretty good. I got a balcony on Deck 9 forward for $589. I could have gone a for a lot less had I booked in a different spot on the ship or an interior (that would never happen).

Of course, the price doesn't matter because I'm going to win the $50,000 1st place prize.

100 days to go...