Booking Option Question

pdmartyn65

OK, I am a bit of a newbie in arranging own travel. I want to book the Pacific Coastal from Vancouver on the Jewel next month (Went on the Pearl last year and fell in love with cruising). Prices are so low I can't resist any longer! :) I think I will be going solo, as most of my friends cannot get the time off on such short notice. Should I use a Travel Agent? or is it ok to use a site like Expedia (have never used it before) or book directly on Norwegians site? I would also need to book a flight back from LA to Vancouver and if I decide to stay a few extra days, a hotel in LA.

You should be fine with any of those. A travel agent can help put the whole package together and may have extra amenities that you may not get if you booked direct with Norwegian. It is about your level of comfort.

OK, I am a bit of a newbie in arranging own travel. I want to book the Pacific Coastal from Vancouver on the Jewel next month (Went on the Pearl last year and fell in love with cruising). Prices are so low I can't resist any longer! :) I think I will be going solo, as most of my friends cannot get the time off on such short notice. Should I use a Travel Agent? or is it ok to use a site like Expedia (have never used it before) or book directly on Norwegians site? I would also need to book a flight back from LA to Vancouver and if I decide to stay a few extra days, a hotel in LA.

Unless you are set on San Francisco (most of us were but it was canceled on the Sun and the Pearl sailings) - look at the Pearl sailing on 9/28. You can get a solo balcony for $329. This has dropped from $449 to $374 to $329 in the course of about three days. I would book directly with NCL at these prices. (Would also book air myself - I'm going the other direction but LAX-YVR is only $120 on Alaska Air.)

I book right with NCL and if I see the price go down I just call NCL directly and get the difference. If you book with another source, you have to go through them to get the difference. If your price is already amazing, book how you feel the safest. Have fun!

Years ago I tried two different travel agents for other trips - totally incompetent, dumb and clueless, luckily I didn't book anything with them left and did it all myself- would never use a travel agent again and book everything myself.

If you are used to booking everything on your own and doing research online then do it yourself. You can get lots of info and resources on this site, tripadvisor or other travel sites.