Need room on legend tomorrow!!

PARTYCOUPLE21

At this point I personally doubt whether there will be cancellations. Maybe there will be no-shows at the port.

Unless you're a Carnival employee, you can't just show up at the port with no reservations, in the hopes of a no-show.

OP: Have you asked if they have a standby list for this sailing? When a sailing is sold out, many times they can add you to a standby list. If they do get a cancellation, they will contact people on that list, tell them what became available and what the price is. If you agree, they'll process your credit card and off you go. I don't know though if they'll do it this close to departure.

If something DOES become available, get ready to pay a premium price for it. They know that anybody wanting a cabin this close to departure on a sold out sailing is probably desperate.

Edited by Tapi

Sold out keep calling no cancelations!!! How often should I call?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow, I hope you keep us updated. I'm curious if you end up getting onboard/room or not.

I was told that because of TSA requirements they had to give them the manifest 3 days ahead of time. Tried to change a passenger two days before sailing.

First off, TSA does not have anything to do with cruise ships. Everything is handled through USCG and/or CBP/ICE. Airports aren't even required to utilize TSA's services, should they be willing to pay the fine.

Cruise lines are required to submit the manifest 60 minutes prior to sailing. Carnival allows guests to make same day confirmed bookings. However, Royal Caribbean has an in-house reservation policy, whereby they won't take bookings within 72 hours.

Edited by Disconnections

Cruise lines are required to submit the manifest 60 minutes prior to sailing. Carnival allows guests to make same day confirmed bookings.

Thanks for this clarification. I knew this, but earlier another poster claimed that unless you're a Carnival employee you can't book the same day.

One of the reasons they cannot switch your cabin before the ship sails is that they need to get a final list of cancellations AND last minute bookers in order to get the real inventory of available cabins.

Thanks for this clarification. I knew this, but earlier another poster claimed that unless you're a Carnival employee you can't book the same day.

One of the reasons they cannot switch your cabin before the ship sails is that they need to get a final list of cancellations AND last minute bookers in order to get the real inventory of available cabins.

What the previous poster, Tapi, said is correct. Unless you're an employee of Carnival Cruise Lines, you can't just show up at the port with your luggage. If you're a paying guest, you will need to call Carnival that morning, as you cannot book online. Carnival employees showing up at the pier are likely to be on a non-revenue or a deeply discounted employee/guest cruise fare.

Edited by Disconnections

Got a room now it's crunch time to get to port $1280 inside cabin with tips pays !!! In car driving will be pulling into port at 2!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

GREAT news!

I was told that because of TSA requirements they had to give them the manifest 3 days ahead of time. Tried to change a passenger two days before sailing.

Absolutely not true. Manifests must be turned in 60 minutes before sail away, NOT 3 days. :rolleyes: