La Paz

vickie_bernie

Heading to La Paz for the first time, we are looking for a beach and some Mexican food and a few cold drinks...

Any recommendations and how to get there

The ships dock a few miles from LaPaz and most offer a free shuttle either to town or to a beach. The beach has bars and restaurants and is pretty nice.

Check with your cruise line to see if they offer the shuttles.

The ships dock a few miles from LaPaz and most offer a free shuttle either to town or to a beach. The beach has bars and restaurants and is pretty nice.

Check with your cruise line to see if they offer the shuttles.

that is great to know... any recommendations of beach bar/restaurant

that is great to know... any recommendations of beach bar/restaurant

Find the one with the coldest and cheapest beer !!!! lol

I don't usually eat when I am off the ship, so you are on your own with the food !

The places are all pretty close together at the beach, so you can choose one that looks good to you. If I remember correctly, they gave us a free margarita at one of the places.

We were handed a coupon when we went through the terminal building.

Find the one with the coldest and cheapest beer !!!! lol

I don't usually eat when I am off the ship, so you are on your own with the food !

The places are all pretty close together at the beach, so you can choose one that looks good to you. If I remember correctly, they gave us a free margarita at one of the places.

We were handed a coupon when we went through the terminal building.

thanks for making me laugh....

quite a few years ago we spent two weeks in Loretto so can't wait to get back to the area.

Thanks for your help... I will be blogging about the voyage so you can check back to see what I did in the end and how cold the drink actually was :D

quite a few years ago we spent two weeks in Loretto so can't wait to get back to the area.

Thanks for your help... I will be blogging about the voyage so you can check back to see what I did in the end and how cold the drink actually was :D

I will be waiting for your report. We will be on the Crown 1/9/15 to these ports.

Lots of good memories of my fishing trips to Loreto a few years ago.

• 4 months later...

Just ran across your post. We will be in La Paz and Loreto in February. I'm interested in your thoughts (blog) Can you direct me to the site? Thank you

link is in my signature, once on the page click on the label for loreto or la paz on the right side

thank you so much for the info on La Paz. I want to swim with the whale sharks,but am a single . Since I won't have a buddy will the guide look out for me? Your trip soundded marvelous. We will be on the Star out of SF in Feb.

• 3 weeks later...
link is in my signature, once on the page click on the label for loreto or la paz on the right side

Vickie,

I will be in LaPaz on Feb 27 and have a few questions, if you have time. Your blog is a wealth of I formation .. Thank you.

Several of us are taking a whale shark tour and we need to be downtown before 9 am. We would like to take the free shuttle, since taxi's are pretty high. Is there just one (small/large?) shuttle? If the trip takes 1/2 hour we need to be in the first group off ... Is that possible?

Thank you,

Debr

Vickie,

I will be in LaPaz on Feb 27 and have a few questions, if you have time. Your blog is a wealth of I formation .. Thank you.

Several of us are taking a whale shark tour and we need to be downtown before 9 am. We would like to take the free shuttle, since taxi's are pretty high. Is there just one (small/large?) shuttle? If the trip takes 1/2 hour we need to be in the first group off ... Is that possible?

Thank you,

Debr

Hi Debr... since the ship docks here it should not be a problem. It was a large tour bus that was used as a shuttle. I think I have some pictures of it in the blog - here it is, there is a pic of the bus - http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/search/label/La%20Paz

It was probably just under a half hour more like 20 minutes but we did have to wait in the bus for a bit before we left.

Have fun

Hi Debr... since the ship docks here it should not be a problem. It was a large tour bus that was used as a shuttle. I think I have some pictures of it in the blog - here it is, there is a pic of the bus - http://vickieandbernietravel.blogspot.ca/search/label/La%20Paz

It was probably just under a half hour more like 20 minutes but we did have to wait in the bus for a bit before we left.

Have fun

Vickie,

Thank you!

Debbie

Have fun

Wow,I am impressed !!!! thanks for sharing.

Vickie,

Thank you,

Debr

Good Morning Vickie,

I hope I can ask you one more question about Mexico. This is concerning Cabo and time. On our itinerary we are in Cabo from 12-8. We would like to take a whale watching trip that leaves at 1pm. there is a special note on their website to cruise passengers that states they are on Mountain Time. So, am I right in thinking that when we arrive it would already be 1pm on land? (Another cc poster said ship does not change time in Cabo). Sorry to ask such a silly question!

Debr

Good Morning Vickie,

I hope I can ask you one more question about Mexico. This is concerning Cabo and time. On our itinerary we are in Cabo from 12-8. We would like to take a whale watching trip that leaves at 1pm. there is a special note on their website to cruise passengers that states they are on Mountain Time. So, am I right in thinking that when we arrive it would already be 1pm on land? (Another cc poster said ship does not change time in Cabo). Sorry to ask such a silly question!

Debr

Debr it does depend what cruise line you are going with. We went with Princess and Princess does change ship time to match destination time. So if it is 12 on the ship it is 12 in Cabo. The reason they change to keep everything in sync is to prevent exactly this, it is confusing.

Vickie

Debr it does depend what cruise line you are going with. We went with Princess and Princess does change ship time to match destination time. So if it is 12 on the ship it is 12 in Cabo. The reason they change to keep everything in sync is to prevent exactly this, it is confusing.

Vickie

Always on Princess! (met you on a Caribbean cruise a couple years back, was having dinner with Alice and her "gang". I thought Princess always changed to local time, but it's been a while since I've been to Cabo.

Thanks again,

Happy Cruising , love your blog and all the great tips.

Debr

Always on Princess! (met you on a Caribbean cruise a couple years back, was having dinner with Alice and her "gang". I thought Princess always changed to local time, but it's been a while since I've been to Cabo.

Thanks again,

Happy Cruising , love your blog and all the great tips.

Debr

no problem, Alice will be sailing with us again at the end of the month on the Royal. Enjoy your trip