Bermuda without cruising

crusin fools

DH and I have been to Bermuda a few times .We love the island so much and would like to spend more time there not just 3 days.. As much as we also love to cruise we want to maybe fly into Bermuda and stay for about 5 days....I would like to ask any of the locals if they can suggest an all inclusive resort to stay at or even a rental place ...thanks for any assistance

DH and I have been to Bermuda a few times .We love the island so much and would like to spend more time there not just 3 days.. As much as we also love to cruise we want to maybe fly into Bermuda and stay for about 5 days....I would like to ask any of the locals if they can suggest an all inclusive resort to stay at or even a rental place ...thanks for any assistance

You'll want to take advantage of the Bermuda forum on tripadvisor as mentioned, experts there (locals and more often travelers like you) are very helpful. You'll find some are very knowledgeable like KDKsail. Also read the hotel reviews on TA, just search for Bermuda and then select hotels. You can see what hotels (like The Reef) offer the AI option.

If we could afford it we'd always stay at the Reef Resort. But the Fairmont hotels are also nice, the Southampton has beach access while the Reef is directly on the beach.

We stay in an apt/condo right across the street from Warwich Long Bay to save $ ($125/night vs $500) and we but groceries for breakfast and lunches on the beach. But for that nice resort experience look at Cambridge Beaches Resort, the 2 above, or the Elbow Beach. There are other properties that you may find a bit more reasonable and cozy.

Bermuda is a great destination to stay at, enjoy!

After three cruises to Bermuda we felt the same way. We rented a nice condo from a homeowner. Full kitchen, we were free to use their swimming pool and the total price was $120 per night. There was a grocery store nearby. We had danish and coffee at the condo for breakfast. Then we would eat either lunch or dinner out -- the other meal we'd eat at the condo. Really helped save money.

We had seven full days on the island, in the end the cost was about 10% more than a cruise. We used a rental scooter for transportation. We were in the Warwick parrish just minutes from Horseshoe Bay Beach. Best vacation we've had.

Many Bermuda homeowners rent their properties on this web site: http://www.bermudarentals.com. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Edited by Paul from Maryland

Worth checking into: our bus driver mentioned how affordable it is to stay in a guest house, and pointed out quite a few on the South Shore. In addition to TAdvisor, there are a number of other sites listing those as well.

Edited by jdarch

Paul yes that's how we enjoy BDM and we can afford a few other vacations each year. And VRBO.com is another excellent option for renting from owners there.

But for an AI resort experience the OP will definitely want one of the nice resorts in Bermuda. If we vacationed only once or twice a year and did it up we'd choose Cambridge Beaches or The Reef. But we choose to travel more often and our resources are mot unlimited and so we'll rent an apt on the south shore and we'll enjoy nice dinners at the nicer restaurants in Bermuda.

Either way Bermuda is a beautiful destination to take a land vacation, and staying across the street from WLB with a pool to boot is exceptional, we never felt an urge to go to HSB when we had Warwick and Jobsen's Cove right there...

Edited by blue_water