Junkanoo Beach

weston gal

We will be in Nassau in a couple of weeks. Our ship doesn't dock until 1:30, so we are planning to go to Junkanoo Beach for a couple of hours. I have read that it is within walking distance. We are in our 70's and my husband walks very slowly with a cane. How long do you think it will take? Is there a map which will show me how to walk there? What will a taxi cost? Are there taxis there to take us back? We are Floridians and are used to the heat so I want to leave that option open.

It is roughly 3/4 of a miles from the piers. You can check it out on Google Earth and get an idea as to where you are going. We usually cut through the parking lot of the Hilton instead of walking to the corner and back down towards the beach. Not a big short cut but a bit shorter. Not sure of the Taxi cost.

Edited by bm6pm5

If I were you, I'd get off the boat and ask the cabs how much they will charge for 2 to Junkanoo. I just worry about your husband walking slowly in that heat. Maybe you can take a cab there and then walk back if he feels up to it.

Or, you can walk there and take a few breaks on the way there. Get a coke, find a bench, etc. There was a Senor Frogs on the way. On the way back (I didn't notice it on the way there), there was a pretty water fountain and places to sit and enjoy. There are also lots of stores along the way.