1st time cruisers - 12 day Grand Med (Regal)

Aussie@Sea

Have a great trip to all of you on the cruise.We did it in July and it is a truly amazing itinery and wonderful ship. It is up there with our best all time holidays :D.

We are also sailing on the 30th August, and now really excited. I was wondering if you could tell me, if they have an A la carte breakfast option on board the Regal. :cool:

The breakfast options on the Regal were:

MDR - probably the closest to 'A La Carte'

Horizon Buffet

Room Service

Sabatini's (if you are Elite!)

(International Cafe)

Where we ate depended on what time we were getting off the ship at the various ports. Due to a number of early starts, we often had room service. The MDR is good if you are not in hurry. Horizon buffet opens a lot earlier than the MDR and continues serving breakfast later than the MDR.

What was this tour called? Just looked at the 8 that are available for our cruise and I don't see a jeep tour.

it was 5 years ago... they may no longer contract through princess any more... but I think this is tour operator we used... it was so amazing.. one of those memories that i tell everyone about when I talk about that cruise

http://dpauls.com/sightseeing/international/sid=1012

hope that helps

The breakfast options on the Regal were:

MDR - probably the closest to 'A La Carte'

Horizon Buffet

Room Service

Sabatini's (if you are Elite!)

(International Cafe)

Only if you are in a full suite. Elite status does not get you there for breakfast.

Thanks Caribill, not having cruised in a full suite I was unaware of this :o. We never actually made it to the MDR for breakfast either on our Med cruise, the 7-9am never seemed to suit us, though we have enjoyed breakfast in the MDR on previous cruises. It is best suited when you have time to sit and enjoy it.

Edited by downsmead

Have a great cruise! I can't give many suggestions for your ports, but when we did the (old) Royal in the Med, we used the Rick Steve's books over and over (as someone else has said). If you haven't picked these up (or got them from the library), I definitely recommend it. You might want to double your amounts in the ports - even drinks and pizza cost us about 30E in Rome, I think. Plus, don't forget tipping the tour guides. Check out the port areas here on CC, too - I got some invaluable advice for a Rome tour (can't remember the link, or I'd tell you). In Istanbul, make sure to hit the spice market - even if just for some cinnamon!

Where we ate depended on what time we were getting off the ship at the various ports. Due to a number of early starts, we often had room service. The MDR is good if you are not in hurry. Horizon buffet opens a lot earlier than the MDR and continues serving breakfast later than the MDR.

I wonder from which deck/location we leave for our daily excursions?

Hi all, leaving today for our adventure!

Does anyone know if I can change which credit card I will be using for my shipboard acc at embarkation?

I entered it online and our TA did the boarding passes but I need to change it.

Hi all, leaving today for our adventure!

Does anyone know if I can change which credit card I will be using for my shipboard acc at embarkation?

I entered it online and our TA did the boarding passes but I need to change it.

Not at embarkation on the pier.......

Yes go to the passenger services desk and they will.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Will I need to bring the card I DONT want to use anymore?

We've had pins put on all our cards in Australia and mine is playing games so I'd prefer to not even bring it.

Thanks Colo

You should not need the old one however if you are having issues bring the old one just in case as a back up.

Your welcome. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Not at embarkation on the pier.......

Yes go to the passenger services desk and they will.

You can change it when checking in at the pier.

You are asked if you want to still use the pre-registered cruise card. If you say "no," they will ask for the one you want to use.

Of course you can also change it once on board, but is is easier to do it at check in.

You can change it when checking in at the pier.

You are asked if you want to still use the pre-registered cruise card. If you say "no," they will ask for the one you want to use.

Of course you can also change it once on board, but is is easier to do it at check in.

We tried this (this year) and were told to go to the desk once onboard.

Edited by Colo Cruiser