Nice Lady Saved Seats For Us On Oasis!

I don't believe in someone lettting everyone know at every chance that they are D+ but this is one time a flash of the card is appropiate.:D

I agree. What made me laugh more was the fun I had getting in the doors in the first place:rolleyes: because we were D+ I was told we couldn't get tickets as we didn't need them. When we tried to enter. Studio B was told needed tickets, so trust me when we finally got in I was getting my seats lol:D it was hard work trying to get a seat;)

We are pretty laid back family, but if we are entitled to benefits then why shouldn't we make use of them ;)

Edited by Spurschick

But, if a family are sharing popcorn or sweets, its much easier to pass it across a row than all over the theatre! :D

Which you brought on board with you along with the other 1,000,000 snacks in your carry on along with the 45 cookies you just picked up at the promenade cafe.

People never cease to amaze me on ships.

I think next time I am going to drag my lounge chairs back to my cabin to make sure I have one for sea days! And bring stadium seat cushions to save rows during the shows too! :D

Last week on Oasis when we arrived at Studio B for the Frozen in Time show it was crowded as usual. Our daughter spotted some empty seats, and led us to them. They were prime seats!! Nearly a full row was empty.

A lady quickly tried to block us from heading down the row telling us "those seats are saved". I informed her that saving seats was not allowed, and proceeded past her. She yelled, "Says who?". I replied, "Royal Caribbean". Shortly after that an announcement was made about how seat saving was not allowed.

So I just want to thank that lady for "saving" great seats for my family, and several others who followed us down that row.

Love it! Exactly how I approach this issue!....K.O....:)

why the joy in taking the seat of individuals trying to sit together? I understand the policy, but please recognize these seat-savers just want to experience the event with their family and friends. It is a vacation after all; time to spend with those you love. The logistics of getting everyone in the party to the theater at the exact same moment don't always work out when family members are coming from all parts of the ship. Get there earlier if you need a specific seat. There are plenty of seats in the theater 15 minutes before show time. Take a saved seat if you want as you are entitled to by policy, but is it necessary to celebrate it?
yes:)

I bust this one out every time one of these awesome threads start...

I did that. A woman was sitting in the middle of a row telling everyone that the whole row was "saved", so I sat down and said thanks for saving it for me.

She said she was going to go get security and have me thrown out. I invited her to do so and assumed she'd get the same response as I would've got for complaining about her... nothing.

About 20 minutes later, she was still alone. A couple was looking for 2 seats and I told them the seats next to us were free, so they sat down. She came down and told them to leave or she'd call security on them. They started to stand up and I said "Really? You caved like that? You're not allowed to send someone down and save an entire row, so she's in the wrong. Enjoy your seat." The wife laughed and they sat back down.

The woman abandoned the row at that point.

THEN WE ALL GOT HAULED TO THE BRIG BY SECURITY AND THE CAPTAIN SCOLDED US SEVERELY. WE RECEIVED 20 LASHES AND HAD TO WALK THE PLANK!

Right... nothing happened.

See I can be a real smart ass when I want to be .

If I went into a theater and had someone tell me a seat is "saved" , I would shout "HALLELUJAH......PRAISE JESUS ...." and then reassure the chair that he will never be vacant as long as he is filled with The Lord"

Good for you OP. What's gets me is when a couple will find four seats and then sit in the middle of the four leaving a single seat on each side. They usually do it either to save seats for another late arriving couple or b/c they don't want anyone sitting next to them.

It's pretty funny when another couple comes along later, realizes what is going on and sits in the splitup seats anyway.

See I can be a real smart ass when I want to be .

If I went into a theater and had someone tell me a seat is "saved" , I would shout "HALLELUJAH......PRAISE JESUS ...." and then reassure the chair that he will never be vacant as long as he is filled with The Lord"

Ha Ha Ha!!!! :D will look out for you!

Which you brought on board with you along with the other 1,000,000 snacks in your carry on along with the 45 cookies you just picked up at the promenade cafe.

People never cease to amaze me on ships.

I think next time I am going to drag my lounge chairs back to my cabin to make sure I have one for sea days! And bring stadium seat cushions to save rows during the shows too! :D

You can get "lounger scrounger" chairs that you strap to you by the pool and you can clip them onto the end of a row in the theatre.

I think it was Elaine trying to save seats in a movie theater for the four of them and then finally gave up when they were no-shows...funny Seinfeld episode.

I appreciate families wanting to sit together, but so do the other families that are arriving "together" to the show. I hate to even have to save a seat when my husband has to leave to go to the restroom. There is a restaurant near us that will only seat customers when the entire party is there, no saving. I like this idea very much.

I wish I had the guts to sit in "saved" seats. I am one of the ones who will find another seat. Maybe it is because I cruise solo often and have no backup. I wish I was more like the OP and many other posters.

"HALLELUJAH......PRAISE JESUS ...." and then reassure the chair that he will never be vacant as long as he is filled with The Lord"

That is so great! May I use it? Does pprove? :p

Edited by biomedbob
tacky

Consider this: The nice lady saving the seats may not have known that seat saving is against the rules. Etiquette? Well, that's another question.

Either way, I agree with the OP, but I'm suggesting that not everyone who saves a bunch of seats is thumbing their noses at the rules. So, rather than being a donkey about claiming those empty seats, a little tact usually wins the day.

At least, that's how I would have handled it. In life, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I find my life is a lot more stress free than it otherwise would be. I just don't have that drill-sergeant approach to life's little problems. YMMV :D

Yep. :D

Last week on Oasis when we arrived at Studio B for the Frozen in Time show it was crowded as usual. Our daughter spotted some empty seats, and led us to them. They were prime seats!! Nearly a full row was empty.

A lady quickly tried to block us from heading down the row telling us "those seats are saved". I informed her that saving seats was not allowed, and proceeded past her. She yelled, "Says who?". I replied, "Royal Caribbean". Shortly after that an announcement was made about how seat saving was not allowed.

So I just want to thank that lady for "saving" great seats for my family, and several others who followed us down that row.

1958380_10152278630212829_1269627070_n.jpg

OMG, this is one of the funniest things I have ever come across on CC. I am totally picturing that happening and it's cracking me up!!!! Thank you so much for the laugh :D:D:D