Prinsendam Vista Suites 200 to 219

wesport

I have booked a 28 day cruise next May 20th on the Prinsendam. Cabin reserved is #202. From what I understand, these were added during her drydock period. The deck plan states these cabins have no walk in closet. Just wanted to see if anyone has ever stayed in one of these cabins, and how much different they are in relationship to the rest of the Vista Suites. First time on the Prinsendam. Don't know what to expect.

I haven't stayed in one, but had a guarantee booked for the Grand SA for 37 days. After reading a thread on this board, we put down a few more dollars and moved up to the A category. Reorts of lots of vibration and verandahs flooding from the pool above during rough seas.

Terri

that is AB category. The new cabins installed. they don't have the charm of the other original Prinsendam cabins. There have been reports of noise from vibrations, and noise coming into port as well as plus the spill over of the aft pool onto the verandahs.

I had table mates who had one of these cabins and when some got off before the Transatlantic portion, they were delighted to have been given a "night cabin" to get some sleep. They used their aft cabin during the day and the OV cabin at night to sleep.

they were very experienced cruisers and didn't complain about anything else but it was obvious that they were not happy with their cabin.

I'd spend a few $ and move up to. The AB cabins are infamous. Some are not bothered but many are. I wouldn't chance it, but that's just me.

Hasn't the vibration problem been fixed with the latest drydock, or is it something not related to the propellor?

I can attest that the rear pool now spills water everywhere. On a 15 night TATL cruise, the pool lost all water the 1st evening and I don't recall it ever being filled again (might have been but lost all water as soon as the ship sailed again). Maybe it was the relocation of the pool rearward (and upward) that has made it prone to this. May not be a problem depending on cruise.

We were booked in a BC GTY but were upgraded to a midship A.

Hasn't the vibration problem been fixed with the latest drydock, or is it something not related to the propellor?

I can attest that the rear pool now spills water everywhere. On a 15 night TATL cruise, the pool lost all water the 1st evening and I don't recall it ever being filled again (might have been but lost all water as soon as the ship sailed again). Maybe it was the relocation of the pool rearward (and upward) that has made it prone to this. May not be a problem depending on cruise.

We were booked in a BC GTY but were upgraded to a midship A.

I was on the ship after dry dock. the vibration wasn't as bad as the captain waited to come into port as late as possible (and was still early), but it was definitely there according to some of those that I talked to on the ship.

As far as I know, it is not related to the propeller, but the fact that those cabins were added. They are your standard HAL cabins and not the quality of the remaining Prinsendam cabins which are more soundproof and solid IMO.

Edited by kazu

I'm looking at photos of the model of the Prinsendam as originally constructed. It'd appear that the BC cabins (rear of Deck 6?) are built over air space at the rear of the verandah deck. Supports for this cabin are just steel posts and not all that solid - essentially a graft onto the superstructure. Part of the vibration probably eminates from here as it's not really attached to well.

prinsendam-dry-dock-1.jpg