Suite Dining Perks

nanagirl

Ours is a 13 day Panama Canal cruise, and I figure the 3 of us can eat in specialty restaurants for 9 of 13 nights and pretty much break even. That leaves 4 nights for the MDR or buffet.

And that only includes 1 single trip to Tepanyaki, which we will most likely do twice. Same goes for Le Bistro, possibly. Any additional visits like that just makes the UDP even more appealing.

As well, my calculation does NOT include a few nights when we might do 2 in the same evening. My son and I like the idea of going to LaCucina for a quick caesar salad and splitting a pizza, head to the 7pm show, then visit Cagneys for a steak and fries later.

Teppanyaki is an a la carte restaurant (not a cover charge restaurant), and is not part of the UDP:

A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package

Not true at all, I just figured it out for our 10 night Jade cruise in December. If we eat 8 nights in the restaurants and order the surcharge menu items in Cagneys and La Bistro we will be ahead, that is the plan

The surcharge menu items are not included in the UDP:

Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro.

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro.

Thanks for that, I stopped reading when I saw All items on menu are included, I did not think to keep reading after that that they would exclude items. I though all meant all, LOL

Thanks again

Teppanyaki is an a la carte restaurant (not a cover charge restaurant), and is not part of the UDP:

A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package

While Teppanyaki is listed under the Specialty Restaurants - it is NOT listed under A la Carte nor does it have A la Carte prices:

A la Carte Raw Bar selections, sushi at Wasabi, dishes from Shanghai's noodle bar, and Dolce Gelato.

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/freestyle-dining

Flying shrimp. Onion volcanoes. Twirling knives. The sizzles and surprises never cease at our authentic Japanese Hibachi restaurant. Sit around a lively shared table as a skillful chef slices, chops and grills steak, seafood and chicken on a large steel grill right before your eyes. Our chilled, sake-infused Wasabi Cocktail will have you flipping too. Cuisine: Teppanyaki Accommodates: 32 Price per Guest: $25

Thanks for that, I stopped reading when I saw All items on menu are included, I did not think to keep reading after that that they would exclude items. I though all meant all, LOL

Thanks again

They are not excluding anything...all entrees are included, you just have to pay extra if you order two entrees.

They are not excluding anything...all entrees are included, you just have to pay extra if you order two entrees.

Thats not the way i read it, I read it as having to pay the extra surcharge for the couple of things they have on the menu that require a surcharge

If it was as you stated i would think it would say the same for all restaurants

Thats not the way i read it, I read it as having to pay the extra surcharge for the couple of things they have on the menu that require a surcharge

If it was as you stated i would think it would say the same for all restaurants

No because the other restaurants do have the big ticket items. This has been debated endlessly and confirmed by those that have ordered the items for no charge so I'll order them and you can choose not to. :)

No because the other restaurants do have the big ticket items. This has been debated endlessly and confirmed by those that have ordered the items for no charge so I'll order them and you can choose not to. :)

Thats great, glad thats what it is, I always go for the surcharge items anyway, thanks

Thats great, glad thats what it is, I always go for the surcharge items anyway, thanks

Maybe you should print this out and take it with you.

http://www.ncl.com/terms/shorex-dining-entertainment-spa#dining

Ultimate Dining Package

The Ultimate Dining Package is available via pre-sell or onboard purchase on days 1-2 of the voyage only. On 3-day sailings, the package is only for sale on day 1. No refunds are available if fewer restaurants are visited. The Ultimate Dining Package is non transferable. A la carte priced restaurants and Ocean Blue are not included in the Ultimate Dining Package, but will be discounted 20% for those purchasing the package. Carlo’s Bakery items, Ice Cream Bar, Gelato, 24/7 Pizza Chef’s Table is not included in the Ultimate Dining Package. The UDP does not include beverages. No Kids pricing, package available for guest 13 and older. Excludes all 1- and 2-day sailings. Includes add-ons in Le Bistro such as Fruit de Mer, Lobster and Cote De Boeuf. The package does not apply to Special Occasion/Holiday menus (New Year’s, Christmas, etc). Latitudes Platinum Guests will receive a $20 discount on the Ultimate Dining Package (as they receive 1 complimentary dinner in Le Bistro). Additional main courses in Cagney’s and Le Bistro will be charged at $10.00.

Edited by peg013

Did the Sun change to Moderno for B&L?

NCL SUN the Moderno was formerly the Pacific Heights restaurant.

I have heard it is open for breakfast specializing in omelets and waffles.

Open to everyone for lunch featuring pasta buffet dishes.

At night it is one of the Speciality restaurants with a $10 pp cover charge.

The NCL SUN Garden Café buffet is so small that at times especially at lunch

when seating is at a premium take you selections to the Sports Bar or the

Moderno as an overflow area and don't forget about the Great Outdoors aft on

the Pool Deck (11) you can also dine in the pool area but it does get quite

noisy and watch for the wet floors !

Moderno is $20 for dinner!!

If you’re looking for a unique experience, our authentic Brazilian steakhouse is a must. Start with an impressive salad bar of imported cheeses, olives, cured meats, ceviche and specialty salads. Be sure to save room for the delicious skewers of slow-roasted meats including beef, pork, lamb and chicken – all carved tableside by our Pasadores.

Cuisine: Churrascaria

Accommodates: 84

Price per Guest: $20

Also, Teppanyaki is one of the regular Specialty restaurants, not a la carte.

While Teppanyaki is listed under the Specialty Restaurants - it is NOT listed under A la Carte nor does it have A la Carte prices:

A la Carte Raw Bar selections, sushi at Wasabi, dishes from Shanghai's noodle bar, and Dolce Gelato.

http://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/freestyle-dining

Flying shrimp. Onion volcanoes. Twirling knives. The sizzles and surprises never cease at our authentic Japanese Hibachi restaurant. Sit around a lively shared table as a skillful chef slices, chops and grills steak, seafood and chicken on a large steel grill right before your eyes. Our chilled, sake-infused Wasabi Cocktail will have you flipping too. Cuisine: Teppanyaki Accommodates: 32 Price per Guest: $25

Hmmmm. It appears you've never been to Tepanyaki before.

I've been to Teppanyaki at least 20 times. When I've tried to order a 2nd filet, sometimes it has been free, and other times I was advised that (and this is as near to a quote as I can do): ' Because Teppanyaki is a la carte, we have to charge an extra fee for the second filet'.

The extra fee was NOT an additional cover charge. If memory serves, the cover at the time was $20, and the extra filet was $10.

Stephen

P.S. For what it's worth, why do they list every restaurant EXCEPT teppanyaki?

Edited by sjbdtz

I haven't experienced a rushed feeling in the MDR's of any cruise line we've been on. Must be us North Eastern Mountain folk are used to crappy eats cause we like the MDR :rolleyes: We do like to eat in the specialty restaurants a couple of nights though and dress up like the fancy folks.

I haven't experienced a rushed feeling in the MDR's of any cruise line we've been on. Must be us North Eastern Mountain folk are used to crappy eats cause we like the MDR :rolleyes: We do like to eat in the specialty restaurants a couple of nights though and dress up like the fancy folks.

Everyone has a different expectation of how long a meal should take. My DH and I have been known to take 2 or 3 hours for a special meal. I am not saying this is the norm for us, but rather to explain why we may feel rushed while others, yourself included, do not. Some people - like one of our sons - can't wait to get up from the table as though it was excruciating to sit still. Probably a latent reaction to his parents long meals. Other people - like our daughter - love sitting and talking over a meal. The other two sons will sit as long as there is a continual supply of food.;) My point is that we DO feel rushed in the MDR, and that's ok. You don't, and that's ok too.