Princess Drink Package

PghCruiseGrrrl

Has anyone had a problem with inattentive bartenders /waiters if they have the unlimited drink package? I have purchased this for my upcoming cruise, and I would just like to know if getting the drinks is a problem, especially wine in the dining room. Also, I tend to like an espresso with Disaronno with my dessert. Can I still get this or does it count as two drinks?

Has anyone had a problem with inattentive bartenders /waiters if they have the unlimited drink package? I have purchased this for my upcoming cruise, and I would just like to know if getting the drinks is a problem, especially wine in the dining room. Also, I tend to like an espresso with Disaronno with my dessert. Can I still get this or does it count as two drinks?

Others have posted that the main problem has not been inattentive bartenders but overworked bartenders due to the number of people with the package.

There should be no problem with in the dining room as your table waitstaff will get the drinks for you.

I assume the expresso and Disaronno are two separate drinks so if each costs no more than $10, there should be no problem.

I ordered a cappuccino and an amaretto on the rocks just about every night after dinner on my last cruise with the drinks package. Your assistant waiter will get your drinks for you and it should not be a problem at all. As we usually split a bottle of wine over dinner, my DH and I had no problem ordering a glass of wine and then ordering a second glass at the same time or as soon as the first was delivered. This saved us the time of having to wait for the second glass to be delivered too late into the meal. It worked perfectly.

Never noticed any wait - or any difference in service - as a result of the package. Only times there was a wait was when they were busy with many customers. I made full use of the package. 🍷🍺😃

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do you purchase it before the cruise??

How do you purchase it before the cruise??

Under gifts and services. You can also call Princess :)

All-Inclusive Bar Package

Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in the bars, dining rooms, or in the stateroom, will be available at a 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items).

Package is not currently offered on Dawn, Sea and Sun Princess. Item #0525 $56.35 per person/per day

What's the advantage in purchasing before the cruise? It's my understanding they put a sticker on your card. If so, if you pre purchase how do you get the sticker?

There really is no advantage. My credit card was charged immediately, so the package was paid before we sailed. But that also means not having anything to show for a payment for several months. I was glad to be able to not have that charge at the end of the cruise. The sticker was on my DH's card, an ultimate soda sticker was on my DS's card, but there was no sticker on my card. A quick trip to passenger services got the sticker.

Has anyone had a problem with inattentive bartenders /waiters if they have the unlimited drink package?
We had the package on our recent cruise and the service was fine, both in bars and in the dining areas. Vines was great, in particular. As usual some staff members around the ship were friendlier and more attentive than others, and one or two were downright grouchy, but I don't believe it was specifically directed at us and our stickers.
Also, I tend to like an espresso with Disaronno with my dessert. Can I still get this or does it count as two drinks?
Technically it's two drinks but they didn't seem to enforce the rule as long as it wasn't two alcoholic drinks for the same person. On a few occasions in the MDR we got glasses of wine plus a bottle of sparkling water, or espresso drinks plus a digestif, no problem. The only thing is that for some reason they never gave us a copy of the signed slips in the dining rooms or buffet (maybe they would have if we'd asked, it just seems a little strange that you'd have to ask). This occasionally happened at the bars, too. Not a big deal, just something to keep in mind if you're trying to keep track of what you're drinking.

Oh, and one espresso mistakenly ended up on our bill, so I had to go to the front desk to get the charge removed. So keep an eye on your account towards the end of your cruise.

Pre booking is fine as long as you are not paying in GBpounds. Their conversion rate is way off.we cancelled ours and bought once onboard.

Just got off Emerald today and found the bar staff more then helpful.Only one got funny when we ordered 2 glasses of wine and two bottles of water at the same time with two cards.But at the end of the day he was only doing his job.

One evening at dinner our waiter seemed to be exceptionally busy. We asked him why he was having to work so hard that evening. He said that one of his large tables all had the unlimited drinks package. They were ordering several drinks each causing lots of back and forth for him and the assistant waiter. The folks at that table hadn't been at dinner most (all?) other evenings.

He said that one of his large tables all had the unlimited drinks package. They were ordering several drinks each causing lots of back and forth for him and the assistant waiter.
In that sort of situation Princess might consider letting the table order bottles of wine (the ones offered for less than $10 by the glass) as part of the package. I'm not saying that they should officially include this in the AIR terms and conditions, but I think the head waiter should be able to authorize this at his discretion.

In that sort of situation Princess might consider letting the table order bottles of wine (the ones offered for less than $10 by the glass) as part of the package. I'm not saying that they should officially include this in the AIR terms and conditions, but I think the head waiter should be able to authorize this at his discretion.

The drinks being ordered may not have been wine.

The drinks being ordered may not have been wine.
You're right, but in that case a large party ordering a lot of drinks is just a large party ordering a lot of drinks. Package or no package, they're always going to be more work for the servers than a small table of non-drinkers. And it's a bit unprofessional for a server to tell other passengers how much some other table is ordering and how they're paying for it.

I have the unlimited soda and more package. Noticed on our recently completed cruises that I had to wait in the IC bar. Not because I had the sticker but the bartenders first priority was the the servers requests. At the IC bar the servers were very busy therefore those of us that walk up had to wait until and server requests had been completed.