British Airways News

Nickwolf

I am full of despair about the fact that buried within a highly successful airline, there are still so many 1970's dinosaurs. Can't wait for WW to get rid of them now, even if there's more pain to come - and I'll bet a lot of the airline's own staff think the same way.

From the BBC News as of about 7 pm today:

Q: Are BA's Heathrow services now back to normal?

Almost.

About 200 travellers are still waiting for flights but BA hopes to clear the backlog by Tuesday.

BA says all scheduled shorthaul flights from the airport will operate as planned on Monday.

There will still be some disruption to longhaul flights over the next couple of days but more than 95% of flights will leave.

All customers stranded by the strike now have confirmed bookings on future flights.

Luggage left behind at the airport is being forwarded on to passengers on Monday. However, flights leaving on Monday will still have a limited catering service.

Does anyone know if BA is back to normal yet? We are flying to Heathrow on 8-17. I checked their website but wanted to find out from anyone actually flying
Flights are pretty much OK now, but the catering situation is still unresolved. There is basically no catering on board any flights from or to Heathrow. The airline is trying to give out vouchers at the airport so that you can eat before you board - and you might want to take some drinks on board as there is sometimes only water, and on an overnight flight you don't want to be drinking tea or coffee anyway.

(The most sad story I've heard is the cabin crew who had water to offer, but only 10 plastic glasses ... but the cabin crew are generally doing a sterling job trying to keep everyone's spirits up as much as possible despite the fact that they are some of the people most in the firing line having been dumped on by their so-called colleagues.)

Flights are pretty much OK now, but the catering situation is still unresolved. There is basically no catering on board any flights from or to Heathrow. The airline is trying to give out vouchers at the airport so that you can eat before you board - and you might want to take some drinks on board as there is sometimes only water, and on an overnight flight you don't want to be drinking tea or coffee anyway.

(The most sad story I've heard is the cabin crew who had water to offer, but only 10 plastic glasses ... but the cabin crew are generally doing a sterling job trying to keep everyone's spirits up as much as possible despite the fact that they are some of the people most in the firing line having been dumped on by their so-called colleagues.)

Globaliser,

Easyjet operate like this every day!

John

Archived