Transmeridian airlines

sikohaki

We have not flown Transmeridian, but we have flown several other small airlines and have like the fact that they usually fly to/from smaller airports that are easier to deal with than the big ones.

I would rent a car from Sanford to Port Canaveral. Its usually the lest expensive choice since there is no drop off charge in Florida. There are several rental agencies with locations that provide shuttles to the pier.

Two years ago we had a flight from Syracuse to Fort Lauderale booked on Transmeridian. Our flight was on a Sunday for a short cruise which started on Monday. They called us on Friday, just two days before our flight to tell us that the flight was canceled. They did refund our money, but other flights were cost prohibitive at such short notice. We had to drive to Florida from NY to make the cruise. Will never look at TMA again. Hopefully, this will not happen to you.

I had a good experience flying Transmeridian in June and would not hesitate to fly with them again. Sanford airport is small and less crowded than Orlando International. Take a rental car from Sanford and your at the port in less than an hour and a half, all highway.

• 2 weeks later...

we flew with them last year out of rockford to orlando. It was great. We got food,the stews joked around,very relaxed. I just don'tknow if it worth it to fly into orlando rent a car return the car then do it in reverse when you get off the ship. You have to figure the cost of rental versus air to fll. Let me know what you find.

Archived