Celebrity Reflection 7/4/14: Mediteranean Cruise Report with Pictures

Raschueler

Our guide told us that over 3/4 of Pompeii is still buried. They are saving the rest for the future since they said much of it is the same over and over, and they want to preserve it as best they can.

113_zps3ea53966.jpg

Here is another cast. This person was covering their mouth trying not to inhale the poisonous gases

114_zps8c5f8fae.jpg

I felt really bad for the dog though. Our guide told us that most of the animals had left town since animals seem to sense these sort of occurrences, but this one was chained up and couldn't escape.

115_zps049be921.jpg

Ahhhh the Almafi Coast! How nice to see you again (:

116_zps25c891d0.jpg

This time the drive was fine! I think it was because we came in from the opposite way.

We only had a little bit of time in Almafi, but the plans were gelato, a quick cheap lunch, and shopping for family gifts. We grabbed some type of sandwich from a little store and were quickly on our way.

Here is St. Andrew's Cathedral.

117_zps07ad9bd5.jpg

I didn't get a chance to take too many pictures here because we were running around like crazy.

Next up was Ravello, a very beautiful, but expensive town.

118_zpsb8edbc91.jpg

Our driver suggested walking up the stairs to a garden, so we did that.

119_zps10326974.jpg

Definitely worth the walk!

120_zps8a6001b6.jpg

We did some shopping, Matt got more gelato, and we were on our way.

Edited by Raschueler

We stopped on our way back for some pictures.

121_zpsec1e483f.jpg

We were then back on the Reflection for a bittersweet last night.

122_zpse8ddd579.jpg

We had an amazing day, but I must have been allergic to something there because my eyes were so red and itchy by dinner time. I took a Benadryl and was so knocked out that we skipped desert and went back to our room. I was upset we were missing our last night out on the Reflection, but we were so exhausted from our long day anyways!!

We did the early walk off which would have been much more effective if people actually listened to the times to go down to the meeting spot. We also were surrounded by people who had "a 9am flight that they couldn't miss." Ummmm, you're going to miss your flight and you shouldn't have booked it so early!!!

We finally got off the ship, met our roll call members, and made it to the airport without any problems for our afternoon flights!

Let me know if you have any questions! I also have the Celebrity Today's if anyone is interested in seeing them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed your honeymoon review! It was interesting to note that the donkey experience you had was different from the one we had in June. Our donkeys were not connected, and mine led the group of 4 of us up with the guide in the back. I didn't even know we had a guide with us until halfway up. Also, my hubby and I both had bad allergies on Naples day, too. We heard it's a big agricultural area because of the fertile soil. That must be why allergies are prevalent. Gorgeous region, though!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app