Tulum Mayan Ruins express vs Cozumel Highlights vs Living History

fraternal

We will be on the Allure in October , we are trying to decide which shore excursion to do in Cozumel. Has anyone done the Tulum Mayan Ruins, Cozumel highlights or Living History? We do want to do some sightseeing but do not want to spend all day on a tour bus. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated

Tulum is actually on the mainland, so you will be travelling most of the day (ship to ferry, ferry to Playa del Carmen, bus to Tulum, tour, lunch, maybe some beach time, and then the reverse to get back to your ship).

• 2 weeks later...

Tulum takes all day and the ferry is fast and choppy, they passed out sea sick bags when we went. Take the ferry across to the mainland then a bus ride that was probably a couple of hours and the ruins. The ruins are beautiful, I thought it was totally worth it, how often do you get to see something like that? But - the beach is down a long flight of stairs...that you have to climb back up and I felt like there wasn't enough time to do see the ruins and do the beach. Also, strongly recommend booking through your cruise line because it is such a long tour, we were about 45 minutes late getting back but the ship waited for us.

Whatever you do, enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We also opted for the trek to Tulum. I agree it was worth it. The ferry can be an experience but we are at sea. The bus was comforable and we stopped at the gift shop/snack bar to break up the trip. The ruins were amazing. The beach was sandy and the area had dozens of iguana sun bathing on the rocks. We had a great time. We have visited serveral Myan ruins and this one did not disappoint.

We did the Tulum Mayan Ruins Express tour. It was a very long day, and very hot, but we were glad we went. We booked through the cruise line, and about 300 from our ship were late getting back. It was reassuring to know the ship would be there waiting for us!

Here is a link to the slide show my wife made from a few of her pictures for her website.

Tulum Express Shore Excursion

Cruising is a great way to travel!

• 2 weeks later...
We did the Tulum Mayan Ruins Express tour. It was a very long day, and very hot, but we were glad we went. We booked through the cruise line, and about 300 from our ship were late getting back. It was reassuring to know the ship would be there waiting for us!

Here is a link to the slide show my wife made from a few of her pictures for her website.

Tulum Express Shore Excursion

Cruising is a great way to travel!

Your wife has a great talent. Enjoyed the pictures and the music very much!