Cost of Individual Drinks Vs Premium Package

Snookum

Has anyone who has cruised recently purchased drinks like margaritas (on rocks), kalua & cream, pina colada, etc., those type of drinks and can tell me what the cost is. I just cannot remember to save me. Haven't been on cruise since August and always purchase this type of drink but can't remember the pricing. I'm trying to figure if it's worth it to get the premium drink package which I assume these are included in for my upcoming cruise. I never drink except on occasion but vacation I may drink 4 or 5 throughout the day. It will help to know the price of the drinks in determining whether to get the package or not. TIA ;)

Has anyone who has cruised recently purchased drinks like margaritas (on rocks), kalua & cream, pina colada, etc., those type of drinks and can tell me what the cost is. I just cannot remember to save me. Haven't been on cruise since August and always purchase this type of drink but can't remember the pricing. I'm trying to figure if it's worth it to get the premium drink package which I assume these are included in for my upcoming cruise. I never drink except on occasion but vacation I may drink 4 or 5 throughout the day. It will help to know the price of the drinks in determining whether to get the package or not. TIA ;)

This will give a good idea. Remember to add 15% to the listed prices:

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

Edited by clarea

The premium package also includes water and soda in addition to the alcohol. That may help you decide if it is worth it to you. If you only drink 4 or 5 alcoholic drinks per day and no water or soda I do not think you will break even.

We're about to go on the Freedom and we have the premium package and one person has the Royal Replenish. We're keeping track of everything we get at the bar and soda machines - only so that we might be able to see how much we saved. We will report back. :-)

Mostly thinking which package to get my husband. He drinks very few mixed drinks, but like beer. He does like the after dinner shots. Deciding which package is better for him. We will be able to make it worth it using a package.

My husband & I did the Premium drink package on Brilliance in March and loved it! :p I particularly enjoyed not having to worry about how many drinks we could have by the pool versus in the evening at dinner and the shows. :D It is most appreciated on sea days. The premium package covered all of the drinks except the extremely high priced like Johnny Walker Blue. :rolleyes: We have booked the Premium drink package for our Majesty cruise in September as well.

We're about to go on the Freedom and we have the premium package and one person has the Royal Replenish. We're keeping track of everything we get at the bar and soda machines - only so that we might be able to see how much we saved. We will report back. :-)

We did the package on Brilliance and I can tell you based on what we drank, we saved a lot of money.;) While we didn't get drunk, we did drink more than if we were paying for each drink. That was only because of trying to watch what we were spending. The biggest advantage is NOT having to calculate how much I have already charged for drinks!:D

I did a 9 night with my daughter and we got our moneys worth from the package. I loved being able to try new drinks. It is easy to have 6 or 7 drinks in a day without getting drunk.

I liked not having to watch my bar bill. I think it will be easier to get DH the premium package so he can enjoy what ever he wants.

Can't wait for vacation!

We are still debating on the Premium package and have 2 questions that we need answers .

Is Crown Royal covered in the $10 limit? My husb likes to drink Crown Royal but does not want to pay extra for it if it is not included in premium package

Do you have to pay an additional gratuity for whatever you spend over $10 or is it included in the package?

We are still debating on the Premium package and have 2 questions that we need answers .

Is Crown Royal covered in the $10 limit? My husb likes to drink Crown Royal but does not want to pay extra for it if it is not included in premium package

Do you have to pay an additional gratuity for whatever you spend over $10 or is it included in the package?

Don't know about Crown Royal, but they will add 15% to any amount they charge over the $10 limit.

Edited by clarea