A Splendid journey and a dance with Bertha

jimbo5544

I then spent the last afternoon around the aft pool and then went to cleaned up for our group cocktail party. After the cocktail party we headed for the last dinner. Which was truly a lot of fun, interacting with the wait staff we had gotten to enjoy for the last 8 days.

acxsuw.jpg

zv60sn.jpg

swwklw.jpg

After dinner, we went around and enjoyed some last entertainment and headed off for bed. I awoke early and watched as the sun rose as we sailed into New York. A perfect ending to a great cruise.

25kn5ah.jpg

2wn0ld2.jpg

2ut2t05.jpg

Final thoughts.

Entertainment

I see the beginning of a comeback in the quality of the bands and singers you see in and about the ship. The main shows are a bit tired and the two main singers were at best ok. Asia Power was very good, a ten piece orchestra is somewhat a unique thing for Carnival, and Ty was outstanding.

The Steakhouse

I had promised a review of the steakhouse in some posting I did on a thread specifically about the Splendor Steakhouse. I found it to be the same as every other steakhouse (and we had been to this one 2 times before). The service was a tad slow, or maybe a better word is deliberate, where you enjoy your evening and the meal. We ended up going there twice and I enjoyed both immensely. The first was a party of five and the second was with 25 others from our group. I found the staff, the manager to be open, entertaining and like almost every other Carnival employee I have met, that is, to do their level best at providing you with the best cruise.

Carnival best

I admit it, I really enjoy sailing on Carnival. While other lines might have more...... Wow factors, for us Carnival is home. Their best asset is their employees. We have always been blown away with how hard they try to make your cruise the best that they can, from top to the bottom. We have 3 more cruises scheduled and will add another for next summer in the next month or so.

Thanks for reading.

I then spent the last afternoon around the aft pool and then went to cleaned up for our group cocktail party. After the cocktail party we headed for the last dinner. Which was truly a lot of fun, interacting with the wait staff we had gotten to enjoy for the last 8 days.

acxsuw.jpg

zv60sn.jpg

swwklw.jpg

After dinner, we went around and enjoyed some last entertainment and headed off for bed. I awoke early and watched as the sun rose as we sailed into New York. A perfect ending to a great cruise.

25kn5ah.jpg

2wn0ld2.jpg

2ut2t05.jpg

Final thoughts.

Entertainment

I see the beginning of a comeback in the quality of the bands and singers you see in and about the ship. The main shows are a bit tired and the two main singers were at best ok. Asia Power was very good, a ten piece orchestra is somewhat a unique thing for Carnival, and Ty was outstanding.

The Steakhouse

I had promised a review of the steakhouse in some posting I did on a thread specifically about the Splendor Steakhouse. I found it to be the same as every other steakhouse (and we had been to this one 2 times before). The service was a tad slow, or maybe a better word is deliberate, where you enjoy your evening and the meal. We ended up going there twice and I enjoyed both immensely. The first was a party of five and the second was with 25 others from our group. I found the staff, the manager to be open, entertaining and like almost every other Carnival employee I have met, that is, to do their level best at providing you with the best cruise.

Carnival best

I admit it, I really enjoy sailing on Carnival. While other lines might have more...... Wow factors, for us Carnival is home. Their best asset is their employees. We have always been blown away with how hard they try to make your cruise the best that they can, from top to the bottom. We have 3 more cruises scheduled and will add another for next summer in the next month or so.

Thanks for reading.

Enjoyed reading your review and especially the wonderful comments on the Splendor Showband Vocalist Ty. Ty is my daughter and it makes me proud to read she has had a positive effect on the experience of guests. I will copy your review to the Splendor Showband led by Rich Ellis and Ty. They will love knowing you enjoyed them. Again, totally enjoyed your review!

Enjoyed reading your review and especially the wonderful comments on the Splendor Showband Vocalist Ty. Ty is my daughter and it makes me proud to read she has had a positive effect on the experience of guests. I will copy your review to the Splendor Showband led by Rich Ellis and Ty. They will love knowing you enjoyed them. Again, totally enjoyed your review!

You should be very proud of your daughter. We totally enjoyed her and the band. She is not only very talented (as a singer, dancer and entertainer), she puts forth an enormous level into whatever she does, whether the karaoke with the band, her singing,and getting people involved.

Thanks for the kind words on the review.

We have gone to GT 4 times. I did feel sorry for the first time cruisers and the people who booked it just to go to GT though.

We missed Great Stirrup Cay on our cruise with NCL. They replaced it with an extra day in Nassau. I would take an extra day in Nassau over a stop in Port Canaveral. I would have been disappointed too, even though I've been to GT and wasn't really that impressed with it. Give me Half Moon Cay any day though!

We missed Great Stirrup Cay on our cruise with NCL. They replaced it with an extra day in Nassau. I would take an extra day in Nassau over a stop in Port Canaveral. I would have been disappointed too, even though I've been to GT and wasn't really that impressed with it. Give me Half Moon Cay any day though!

Can't argue with HMC. A true gem of a stop. Wish we could do an overnight there.

This room was on floor six, right above the lounge , which we did hear from time to time.

wsa4gk.jpg

We had a deck 6 starboard side aft-wrap on the Victory (same as Splendor) and did not hear any music from the lounge below. Port side gets noise, starboard side does not. HTH in the future! Love the deck 6 starboard wraps though, no noise and the balconies are the largest of all 3 decks!

Jimbo..that is so neat that your review was read by Ty's mom! You guys are very happy and your fun together infectious. Loved seeing the double decker cabana and view and it was a great review...no two styles are alike and any effort is huge in my book...thank you.

PS I think that anyone that has done any "dirty" work can really appreciate the amount done for you on any ship and company that is trying..really love the happy feeling of that appreciation you share so well.

Sincerely, sarah

Edited by sjn911

Jimbo..that is so neat that your review was read by Ty's mom! You guys are very happy and your fun together infectious. Loved seeing the double decker cabana and view and it was a great review...no two styles are alike and any effort is huge in my book...thank you.

PS I think that anyone that has done any "dirty" work can really appreciate the amount done for you on any ship and company that is trying..really love the happy feeling of that appreciation you share so well.

Sincerely, sarah

Thank you very much Sarah! I can assure you it was a labor of love that allowed me (and us by default as my better half critiqued me along the way) to keep the cruise "alive". We really enjoy cruising and cruising on Carnival in particular.

When I read the post by Ty's mother I was truly humbled. Ty was not only very talented, she exuded energy in her songs, her style and wanting people to get involved.

Thank you very much Sarah! I can assure you it was a labor of love that allowed me (and us by default as my better half critiqued me along the way) to keep the cruise "alive". We really enjoy cruising and cruising on Carnival in particular.

When I read the post by Ty's mother I was truly humbled. Ty was not only very talented, she exuded energy in her songs, her style and wanting people to get involved.

Hey I sent your review and comments to Ty. She said she was speechless and moved to tears by your words. :)

By the way, don't be humbled. I just love hearing what a wonderful job she's doing at something she loves. I am humbled by your words. Again, a lovely review... Ty and I both loved it.:D

Hey I sent your review and comments to Ty. She said she was speechless and moved to tears by your words. :)

By the way, don't be humbled. I just love hearing what a wonderful job she's doing at something she loves. I am humbled by your words. Again, a lovely review... Ty and I both loved it.:D

It is obvious she loves performing, she gives it her all. Thanks again for the kind words on the review. It was fun to do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hey Jimbo!! On our last sea day, so I stopped in to check emails and CC, and I'm glad I did. GREAT review my friend!! I knew you had it in you!! :) Sorry you missed GT, but got to wave to you from Fishlips when you left Port Canaveral. The Splendor was in GT with us yesterday. Always great to see an old friend. Trying to swing the Oct 24th sailing on her via the Diamond deal. We'll see.

:) Thank you for the review.

Sailing in a couple of days and getting excited!

Can't wait to hear Ty.

Thanks for the kind words. You will enjoy Ty and the cruise!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my iPhone

Hey Jimbo!! On our last sea day, so I stopped in to check emails and CC, and I'm glad I did. GREAT review my friend!! I knew you had it in you!! :) Sorry you missed GT, but got to wave to you from Fishlips when you left Port Canaveral. The Splendor was in GT with us yesterday. Always great to see an old friend. Trying to swing the Oct 24th sailing on her via the Diamond deal. We'll see.

Hey Jeff! Thanks it was a lot of fun doing it! Reading your reviews was part of the reason I did it. Looked for you guys at Fishlips!

While not quite Diamond I did see the diamond deal. Can't beat that! Hope to cruise again with you guys in the future!

That sunrise picture you took when returning to NY is amazing! I enjoyed your review a lot. The exchange you had with Ty's mom is special. :)

Heather

Thanks! It was pretty special seeing it as we sailed in.