Can't pay for Cruise online..

Guern69

Just to let everyone know what apparently you can't pay for your Cruise online at the moment as that part of the (Global) website is knackered. You will need to call if booked direct with Celebrity.

This information has just been given to me from Celebrity UK.

I tried to make a payment and it seems to go through but they it doesn't show up as paid.. Edited by Guern69

[quote name='Guern69']Just to let everyone know what apparently you can't pay for your Cruise online at the moment as that part of the (Global) website is knackered. You will need to call if booked direct with Celebrity.

This information has just been given to me from Celebrity UK.

I tried to make a payment and it seems to go through but they it doesn't show up as paid..[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Celebrity website is known to have many issues. Thank goodness we are able to call in - I prefer that anyway.

Just had to mention, 'Knackered" is definitely a new word for me over here in the states. Love it!!
Met some people from Australia on a cruise once and they used the word "dodgy" to describe a bit of a dangerous feeling neighborhood....we might refer to it as seedy .... not anymore, my new favorite adjective is to call it dodgy.

[quote name='Cruise Raider']Yes, the Celebrity website is known to have many issues. Thank goodness we are able to call in - I prefer that anyway.

Just had to mention, 'Knackered" is definitely a new word for me over here in the states. Love it!!

Met some people from Australia on a cruise once and they used the word "dodgy" to describe a bit of a dangerous feeling neighborhood....we might refer to it as seedy .... not anymore, my new favorite adjective is to call it dodgy.[/QUOTE]

Lol, we can use 'all of the above' downunder [emoji14] and indeed the Celebrity website fits all of knackered, dodgy, seedy and buggered!! The payment issue has been an issue on and off for a while now...from whole cruise payments through to trying to pay for extras like drink and dining packages.

You would think out of all the issues with their flaky site getting it to accept our money would be a high priority,might go figure. [emoji15][emoji3]

Cheers! Edited by QE2_Fan
typo

I'm in the U.S. I tried to make final payment on our upcoming TA via the Celebrity web site last night, and everything was going well until I hit "submit" for the credit card charge and then the web page disappeared and nothing showed as paid. So I called Celebrity and fortunately did not have a long hold. The rep with whom I spoke said the payment did not go through so he took it over the phone.

Final payment on our TA in fact is not till Monday, but with Celebrity's web site being so bad, and frequent long waits on the phone, I wasn't about to wait till the last minute.

Celebrity's web site is pathetic. I don't know how they can continue to have so many problems with it.

I tried to book and pay for our cruise online with Celeb UK. Went all through the process, pre cruise hotels, flights, cabin number, etc, etc went to put my card details and it failed. So I went through the whole process a second time and it failed again. had to waste a lot of money on a lengthy phone call to book then.

To date they have sent me 14 incorrect invoices. never had a problem when I have booked through any other cruise company before.

I managed to pay for my excursions without issue.

Re. timing, my last payment date is the 23rd of this month, I'd suggest to anyone NOT to leave it until the last minute. Edited by Guern69