royal caribbean charging for transfers on oasis europe 5 night cruises 2014

we have been told on oasis europe 5 night fly cruise you have to pay for your transfers from airport to port and on the return to the port to airport anybody else been charged for these and how much. it states in back of the brochure that flycrusies comes with transfers so what the hell is going on after all we booked whole lot with them

we have been told on oasis europe 5 night fly cruise you have to pay for your transfers from airport to port and on the return to the port to airport anybody else been charged for these and how much. it states in back of the brochure that flycrusies comes with transfers so what the hell is going on after all we booked whole lot with them
Did you by any chance use a US TA?

If you are doing a flycruise I agree that transfers should be included. I advise you to call again and and try to find someone that agrees with you. In the US we do find that sometimes the RCI CS agents does not what they are talking about(and there are not glowing reviews about the Guatemala call center). However maybe someone from the UK will chime in with better advise.

Edited by FLACRUISER99

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/before-you-book/air-travel/

Transfers are always included on embarkation/disembarkation day with fly packages purchased through RCI UK .

Check the answer to " what if my round trip transfers are not showing on my confirmation?"

We have only paid extra for transfers when a travel agent put a package together.

Edited by heatherb1958

Over here in Germany they´ve changed to Choice Air (although only bookable through RCI or a TA). So since app. 2 years the free transfers are gone. And there´s no pre cruise hotel night anymore when I book cruise and air for a cruise out of Miami or Port Everglades :(.

steamboats

...Over here in Germany they´ve changed to Choice Air (although only bookable through RCI or a TA). So since app. 2 years the free transfers are gone...

Also gone with Choice Air is the ability to defer payment for flights until cruise final payment.

I think there is a difference now in the way the RCI website treats cruises with flights and separate transfers - these now come under "build your own" and I think the all-inclusive package must be booked by telephone. The "build your own" package is mentioned in the T&C at back of brochure or on website.

yes i do think thats the case but dont you think they would put it upfront on the

internet booking site and not at the back in terms and conditions looks like they are hiding them to catch people out ???

I don't think they are deliberately trying to catch people out.... I just think they are incompetent; I don't believe they look at the booking process through the eyes of a potential guest. In the past when booking a fly/cruise with them I had transfers included but I booked it as a fly/cruise package not as separate components. I've also used Choice Air as an independent UK guest to book a one way flight and had to pay up front..... no transfers included.

yes i do think thats the case but dont you think they would put it upfront on the

internet booking site and not at the back in terms and conditions looks like they are hiding them to catch people out ???

I can see you are still hitting your head against a brick wall, I feel frustrated for you especially when I posted the link which says in black and white that transfers are included on standard fly packages.

My personal take on the Build your own is if you cruise on more than one ship out of the same port on same/different days you alone are responsible for transfers/hotels etc. but that is me.

When we have NOT done a fly package and done our own thing we have used resorthoppa.com and also a2btransfers from Barcelona airport to the Port of Barcelona, we were met in a timely manner and taken by mini bus. One thing we were assured of by pre booking/ paying online was not being ripped off by a taxi driver!