We've upgraded to a balcony!

Yeay! Finally. Upgraded from inside cabin to balcony. Really looking forward to it, only a few days to go (talk about leaving it til the last minute).

Thanks to everyone who helped convince me and helping me to convince the more sceptical half of this relationship!

No turning back now. :D

Yeay! Finally. Upgraded from inside cabin to balcony. Really looking forward to it, only a few days to go (talk about leaving it til the last minute).

Thanks to everyone who helped convince me and helping me to convince the more sceptical half of this relationship!

Beware, you will never go back!;)

Thank you.

I am so looking forward to sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine and a book, early evening, whilst daughter trashes the room getting ready. I don't need to be involved at all - I can shut the balcony door and leave her to it!

Also early morning getting into port. My DH always gets up to watch us arrive, but usually on his own. It will be so nice to just go to the balcony.

Bliss!

Congratulations on your upcoming cruise. I think you will love a balcony. Our first cruise we got a balcony and every cruise since then have been with a balcony. I know people have different opinions on inside/outside/balcony, etc., but I would rather stay home that cruise without a balcony.

I agree with matj2000. We use our balcony a TON and we rarely see anyone using their balconies near us...not complaining though...just makes for even more privacy!!

We had a balcony on our Med cruise in the spring. We didn't spend a lot of time on it - it was a very port intensive cruise. But the amount of natural light it let in and the fresh air from opening the door made it all worth while. I don't think we'll ever cruise with no balcony again.

Congratulations and enjoy your balcony, you will love it!

Have a great cruise!

Congrats on your balcony!! Now, to MAXIMIZE your cruise experience, read & print this commentary out I did & take with you on your cruise-do everything I say & what others say...you WON'T regret it! An inside cabin is a broom closet, remember!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1947393

Have a great holiday!

Big Al

Well done, did you book directly with RCI? I am so P**sed at them right now, I booked an inside on the Oasis Transatlantic on 9th April '13 on the day bookings opened as RCI said get in quick as it was a unique opportunity and could sell out. Since then it has not sold out and the price has dropped several times, each time I call to upgrade they give me prices way, way higher than on screen telling me that those prices are for new customers only. Today I called as they have Ocean view balcony cabins for £1106 with my diamond balcony discount which is less than I paid for an inside, I call to upgrade, they quoted me a staggering £1400 per person. it would not even be that if I rebooked as a new customer. Sadly, as I booked with RCI UK I would loose my deposit even though it's not past final payment. I know they want to attract new custom but how about some loyalty to their existing ones, we've sailed 16 cruises with them and have another 5 booked but they could not be swayed. I will wait until Monday and call again, maybe get through to someone else who can help.

Rant over. :D