Is The AFT really the best

Jimino

My wife loves any balcony. After reading about AFTS here on CC we booked one on a Holland ship and Royal in December of 2012 sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale to the Western Caribbean. The temperatures were in the mid 80's and he humidity was probably around 80%.

Now, I am a BIG guy, and found it to be very warm, uncomfortably so. My wife is thinner than normal and she too found it uncomfortable. Unless it is very windy going across the ship, there is no air movement on the aft.

Think of it like driving a convertible with the top down. As long as you are behind the windshield it will not be very windy. Of course the small windshield does not block as much air as the huge ship in front of you when on the aft. Stick your head above the windshield and you feel the wind.

Back to the wife, she never wants another aft. Of course if you are sailing to Norway, Alaska or some other cooler climate it may be more comfortable.

I chose a forward cabin for us on our last cruise. I wanted convenience to the spa pool and theater. We spend more time at the spa pool than the aft pool. We don't eat in the buffet, so convenience to it did not matter to us. We wanted to be near the theater because it's great to go to a show after dinner and be close to our cabin when it was over.

Last cruise we had an aft wrap suite on Celebrity - and now I am an aft addict. The wrap balcony curved around the side and back and offered great views. Our next cruise we are in a Concierge 1 cabin on the aft - and you really pay for those views but in my mind - worth it. You do have a hike to get to and fro but what better way to enjoy dessert at dinner ;) You will only know if it is for you if you try it.