Alaska Cruise August help please...

chilled57

Hi everyone, we are going to be cruising from Vancouver to San fransisco, going through Alaska and so looking forward to this adventure. We go late August next year and don't even knmow what to expect weather wise??This is my 5th cruise and my partners 2nd. Have you any advice for us at all ? we are with Celebrity on the Infinity, previously went to the Far East with Celebrity on the Millenium.

Thanks

Hi everyone, we are going to be cruising from Vancouver to San fransisco, going through Alaska and so looking forward to this adventure. We go late August next year and don't even knmow what to expect weather wise??This is my 5th cruise and my partners 2nd. Have you any advice for us at all ? we are with Celebrity on the Infinity, previously went to the Far East with Celebrity on the Millenium.

Thanks

There is hard and fast rule about the weather in Alaska during August.

Usually August is beautiful and warm on the west coast in August. You can get rain at anytime of the summer in Alaska.

Thanks

You've seen what the weather does in the UK in August - sun, rain, storms, wind, hot, cool, variable depending on the location, changing from rain to sun in 5 minutes, wall-to-wall sunshine, and constant rain. None of those things are impossible in Alaska. Basically, pack as if for the UK.

We have been very fortunate to have nice weather during both of our cruises in Alaska. We sailed during the 2nd week of August both times.

The only time we had rain was during our first cruise when we were in Ketchikan. But we were prepared since we knew that port is in a rainforest. The second time we were in Ketchikan, it was sunny and warm.

Happy cruising. Alaska is awesome!

Edited by JimAOk1945