Gold Status

Marltom

I assume these are aligned to the actual person who is Gold? Or to the stateroom? If to the individual, and I'm traveling with my two minor children who are also Gold, can I redeem some of the coupons that are clearly designed for adults?

C&A status is on a personal level, so only the guest with the status gets the coupons. Stateroom roomate does not make a difference.

Thanks clarea...

sorry, but how cheap is that....wow a fourteen night cruise and one cup of coffee at 25% discount...I know it's for nothing but it's not worth the effort of asking for the discount....shame on you RC you obviously hold your customers in low regard....better fewer coupons with better value.

I have to say I thought that also. Not that anyone deserves more freebies but I wold have thought from a marketing perspective (which is, after all, why they are doing it) they would try to compete better to win future business.

When you are hooked on a cruise lime you are hooked, but at the beginning with one or two cruises (especially from the UK when there are only usually longer cruises) the gold membership doesn't entice. It's a fab idea and I think they are missing a trick.

At the moment we book Royal as a family as its fab for kids, but if it were just the two of us I would probably choose a different cruiselime out of the UK). I'm almost 50/50 so more enticements would probably swing it. Some of the benefits could be non-financial so that it doesn't eat into RCIs profits. Maybe more VIP stuff.

Edited by Adayatatime

I assume these are aligned to the actual person who is Gold? Or to the stateroom? If to the individual, and I'm traveling with my two minor children who are also Gold, can I redeem some of the coupons that are clearly designed for adults?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My sons are also gold C & A and got their own list of discounts for our recent sailing, obviously didn't include drinks or coffee but did have arcade deals but strangely not a Johnny rockets milkshake offer (so I had to go with them to order BOGOF).

Are all the discounts "one-time use"?

Yes, all coupons are one-time use, except for the stateroom phone discount at Diamond level and higher. That discount lasts for all calls during the cruise.

I have to say I thought that also. Not that anyone deserves more freebies but I wold have thought from a marketing perspective (which is, after all, why they are doing it) they would try to compete better to win future business.

When you are hooked on a cruise lime you are hooked, but at the beginning with one or two cruises (especially from the UK when there are only usually longer cruises) the gold membership doesn't entice. It's a fab idea and I think they are missing a trick.

At the moment we book Royal as a family as its fab for kids, but if it were just the two of us I would probably choose a different cruiselime out of the UK). I'm almost 50/50 so more enticements would probably swing it. Some of the benefits could be non-financial so that it doesn't eat into RCIs profits. Maybe more VIP stuff.

I don't believe you will find any cruiseline that gives you more after "one or two cruises." Royal's loyalty program is one of the best out there and becomes quite nice once you reach diamond. Just a few "longer cruises" will get you to platinum when you can start receiving balcony discounts. Not sure what kind of VIP benefits you are looking for, but remember a large majority of the other passengers have been on at least one other Royal cruise so you'd be sharing those benefits with most of the ship.