New priced cheers program.....anyone?

CRU1Z1N

Anyone get the new priced cheers program? So many things floating around from "you can only purchase on day one" and "drink limit is now 10 in a 24hr period ". Can any one deny or confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's been confirmed by several passengers who are cruising this week.

Thanks but this didn't answer my question. I've looked at many of the cheers threads and still haven't found confirmation on anything. Can't even find confirmation on pricing!!! Plus I don't want to read through 1000+ post that aren't pertaining to my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jamman54 who is currently on the Liberty has reported the only change to cheers is the price. The amount of drinks allowed and being able to purchase on the 2nd day has not changed. Carnival's website confirms the limit at 15. Where people are getting confused is the statement that you must purchase for the whole cruise. This wording is the same as was prior to the price reduction. What this means is you cannot pick and choose what days to buy cheers, not that you can't get it on 2nd day.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2084266&page=2

Edited by n6uqqq

Jamman54 who is currently on the Liberty has reported the only change to cheers is the price. The amount of drinks allowed and being able to purchase on the 2nd day has not changed. Carnival's website confirms the limit at 15. Where people are getting confused is the statement that you must purchase for the whole cruise. This wording is the same as was prior to the price reduction. What this means is you cannot pick and choose what days to buy cheers, not that you can't get it on 2nd day.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2084266&page=2

Did it by chance originate out of Texas? If that's the case it's also been reported that ships leaving from Texas have different rules pertaining when you can purchase it.

Liberty sails out of Florida. The actual wording on Carnival's site has not changed other than the pricing. Carnival would want people to be able to sign up on the 2nd day because many people are just settling in on the first night. They lowered the price because it must not be selling well. Excluding 2nd day purchase would be counterproductive.

Edited by n6uqqq

Wife and I just got off the Breeze yesterday and finally gave the cheers program a try with the reduced price. It's still the 15 drink limit within the 24hr time period and they will cut you off after 15. As far as when to purchase I was told by the staff member that I purchased the program through you can still by it the day after you sail. Still trying to figure out whether it was worth it or not.

As far as the 5 minute waiting period between drink purchases I think that varies between bartenders. One who I knew, had no problem giving me a second drink but would just wait a few minutes to run my card. Happy sailing.

As mentioned above, the FAQ on Carnival's website clearly outlines the new policy. John Heald also confirmed the new policy on his blog. The ONLY thing that has changed is the price.

The 12-day Legend cruise through the Panama Canal that just started has the daily price of $37.50 per day according to a passenger who in on that cruise.

I really don't understand why people can't check the Carnival website for information like this. When it's working, the website has the latest info.

As mentioned above, the FAQ on Carnival's website clearly outlines the new policy. John Heald also confirmed the new policy on his blog. The ONLY thing that has changed is the price.

The 12-day Legend cruise through the Panama Canal that just started has the daily price of $37.50 per day according to a passenger who in on that cruise.

I really don't understand why people can't check the Carnival website for information like this. When it's working, the website has the latest info.

Because the Carnival website clearly states that cruises beyond 8 days will have cruise specific pricing. And what could be more clear than that? :rolleyes:

Hey gang!! Off the Liberty this morning, and I can confirm that NOTHING about the Cheers program has changed, EXCEPT the pricing, which on my 8 day cruise was 37.50 /day (300.00) + 15% gratuity (45.00) for a total of 345.00. Without a doubt, the program worked for me!! :D

I presume that you still have to buy the program for all over the age of 21 in the room? I would love to try this on our cruise next week, but my wife almost never has more then 2 drinks in any given day, and there is no way I can drink enough for both of us to break even. However, if it was just me, I think it would work well.

Sounds as if I am still going to have to pay as I drink ;-)

Because the Carnival website clearly states that cruises beyond 8 days will have cruise specific pricing. And what could be more clear than that? :rolleyes:

I'm not referring to prices for longer cruises, but rather the multiple questions that have been posted as to whether the program really exists, whether you can buy it on the second day, how many drinks per day, etc.. It's really ridiculous!

It is transitioning on 23 ships. It is going to be a few weeks for all the ships and employees to get fully on board with the new program and figure out what the policies are. Until then, you are not going to have a consistent answer to your questions. Keep in mind there was pretty much zero time between announcement and implementation and there were employees on ships last week that had no idea about any changes.

Not true!

The ONLY THING THAT CHANGED IS THE PRICE! This has been confirmed repeatedly.

And the price is a simple data point in the electronic billing system - in no way involves waiters, bartenders, etc. Their roles are the same.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

I'm not referring to prices for longer cruises, but rather the multiple questions that have been posted as to whether the program really exists, whether you can buy it on the second day, how many drinks per day, etc.. It's really ridiculous!

Laurie

I understand your point.

But know where on there web site does it state you can purchases cheers on the second day. I think that's why people are asking.

New policy with a lot of the same verbiage. Carnival could stop the second day thing because they never promoted it in the first place.

Lets say I go on a 7 day cruise and I choose to purchase Cheer's on the 2nd day, am I charged $37.5 for 6 days or do I move to the 5-6 day cruise price since I'm only purchasing 6 days? If anyone can confirm this that would be great. Also I'm not talking out of Texas, I understand they have different laws but out of a much more normal state, lets say FLORIDA;)

Lets say I go on a 7 day cruise and I choose to purchase Cheer's on the 2nd day, am I charged $37.5 for 6 days or do I move to the 5-6 day cruise price since I'm only purchasing 6 days? If anyone can confirm this that would be great. Also I'm not talking out of Texas, I understand they have different laws but out of a much more normal state, lets say FLORIDA;)

Your cruise is 7 days. You pay 7 day price even if purchased day 2.

Hey Jamman?? did you have to pay the taxes for purchasing it first day still in port? (if you did)

A girl on the spendor said they told her they will sell after 6pm and anything "purchased" before that would be included in the cheers program. So she didn't have to pay tax. was just curious of what you experienced.

Hey Jamman?? did you have to pay the taxes for purchasing it first day still in port? (if you did)

A girl on the spendor said they told her they will sell after 6pm and anything "purchased" before that would be included in the cheers program. So she didn't have to pay tax. was just curious of what you experienced.

The only tax you ever pay is on individual drinks while in US port. There is no tax on the program itself.

Drinks on first day, if not on Cheers, are NOT credited back under the program.