Vision-class hump cabins and views fore/aft?

dstein

Assume a Vision-class ship (I have Radiance in mind). For a theoretical Alaskan cruise going SB on some future date TBD, we are considering the hump cabins on the port side, flanking the elevators. A sample would be 7094/8088, which are both on the “forward/leading” side of the hump, or 7108/8102 on the “aft/trailing” side of the hump.

My question is, does the curvature of the hump itself obstruct your view if on the leading edge and looking toward the back of the ship, or if on the trailing edge and looking toward the front of the ship? If (for example) I’m standing on the balcony of 8102 and turn my head to the left because I want to look at the shoreline we’ve recently passed, am I going to have to crane my head out in order to see where the ship has been? Obviously, I won’t see the wake of the ship, but I also don’t want to feel like the only thing to my left is a few hundred yards of shoreline that is then lost to view because the elevator got in the way.

Does the answer change significantly if you move one cabin further away from the elevator (i.e. to the very start or end of the hump)?

I know some folks will want to respond with “you’ll want to spend most of your time on deck so you can view both sides of the ship at the same time”…but please note that this isn’t what I’m trying to decide :).

If your planning on sailing on the Radiance of the Seas then that would be in the Radiance Class. Just a heads up :)

D'oh! Of course you're correct.

So, dear readers....the subject line is wrong and should be "Radiance-class hump..."

I'm a dope. :o

The cabins listed will all be obstructed by the glass surrounding the elevators....

I'd recommend one of the cabins on deck 7 port side forward... The superstructure goes out as far as the hump does (you can see straight down to the water, as well as aft past the hump); and the balconies are double deep!

Aloha,

John