Regal Princess Balcony vs Deluxe Balcony size?

Denis54

Princess just told me that Balcony and Deluxe Balcony rooms have an identical 41 sq. ft. balcony each. They said the difference between the 2 is that the Deluxe Balcony rooms have 233 sq ft instead of 222.

Is that the case? Are balcony sizes the same for both categories?

On the Royal and Regal, all balconies are the same with a few exceptions regardless of cabin type. The exceptions would be full suites, aft balconies and angled balconies beneath the Sea Walk and Sea View Bar. All balconies and sizes are easily identified on the deck plans.

Deluxe balcony cabins E102 - E110 on the port side and E101 - 109 on the starboard side have bigger balconies but they're obstructed (only because the railing is metal instead of glass). Forward facing balcony & suite cabins on the Lido & Marina deck are also bigger.

We're sailing the Regal in March and ended up with E110 since the balcony is 91 square feet.

Edited by shutterbug63

Glad to hear your comments about Cabin E405 on the "Royal Princess." We have booked that same cabin on our cruise next February and March. We thought that it looked like a good cabin when we booked.

Edited by Tobermory

Princess just told me that Balcony and Deluxe Balcony rooms have an identical 41 sq. ft. balcony each. They said the difference between the 2 is that the Deluxe Balcony rooms have 233 sq ft instead of 222.

Is that the case? Are balcony sizes the same for both categories?

There are a few rooms on Regal/Royal that have a larger balcony. We have been on Royal twice. Our first room was E405--great room with a large balcony!

Yes, look at the individual room description some have larger balconies. ;)

We had a deluxe balcony on Royal and I felt we would have done just as well with a normal balcony cabin. The balcony is tiny and the cabin seemed cluttered with all the dressing table and television space cramped into one side to make room for the small uncomfortable sofa. When I was sitting doing my hair the table got in the way of moving back and forward to the balcony.

We had a deluxe balcony on Royal and I felt we would have done just as well with a normal balcony cabin. The balcony is tiny and the cabin seemed cluttered with all the dressing table and television space cramped into one side to make room for the small uncomfortable sofa. When I was sitting doing my hair the table got in the way of moving back and forward to the balcony.

I would agree with this. We had a deluxe last year and our friends had just a normal balcony. They definitely had more storage around the dressing table than our deluxe. We are on the Royal again in October and have decided on a normal balcony.

• 4 weeks later...

We have three adults in a deluxe balcony on Royal in December.

Many are saying the sofa bed is uncomfortable....what part is uncomfortable? I'd like to know to see how to make it better since I'm sleeping on it for ten days!!! TIA!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

We've just got off the Regal :( and were in R735, deluxe aft balcony and the balcony was huge! We also enjoyed having the sofa and the extra interior space.

I must say that the Regal is an amazingly beautiful ship and completely lived up to our expectations.

Frflatt, we have booked the same room R735 for December cruise. Thanks for the balcony information. One question...since the balcony was so large did they have additional furniture on it other than standard 2 chairs & table? Thanks again.

Hi, they had the two chairs, table and two footstools - they could have easily fitted two loungers as well, but unfortunately they didn't!

The only problem with the balcony was the soot - some days it was really bad but the steward (Rolando) soon cleared it up.