Another flight question.

excitedcruzr

Oh, that's PLENTY of time. Norfolk is my home port. I live about 15 min from there. I would even do an 11AM one.

Perfect! I'm just a worry wort when it comes to flights same day. Last cruise we spent an extra day in San Juan before flying home.

Btw, we're on the same cruise :D I recognize your user name from our roll call :p

Perfect! I'm just a worry wort when it comes to flights same day. Last cruise we spent an extra day in San Juan before flying home.

Btw, we're on the same cruise :D I recognize your user name from our roll call :p

Yay!!!!! I'm so excited for that cruise. We have a fun bunch of us locals. We all met on the Glory out of Norfolk May of 2013 and some of us even went on her again that October. That first cruise made me fall in love with the Glory and brought me back to Carnival after going on Celebrity for 5 cruises.

I'm looking forward to Glory cruise #4 this October and then trying a different class of ship - the Splendor in May!!

I could probably google, but I think you guys/gals know a little more :)

How far is the terminal from the airport? How long with traffic?

On a Saturday morning the trip to the airport should be about 15-20 minutes. :)

Oh yeah it is small! You should have seen it before the expansion. One side of the building was check in and the other side was arrivals. Was super easy to park in the parking lot. I'm going back to when I first moved here in 1992. I miss when it was like that! Used to take my son when he was little (born in 96) to the airport and pay $1/hr to watch the airplanes land and take off. He was in heaven. Best, cheapest entertainment in town. Of course all that changed that one dreadful day.

I would try for an earlier flight! You'll be off the ship by 9am in most cases.

You are probably not aware of this fact but on a weekend there is not a large selection of flights from Norfolk and the flights that are scheduled are not at the same frequency as a bigger hub airport. Depending on the airline the OP booked with there may not be a good selection of flights to change to.