Pinnacle Breakfast

Cheese2525

Any explanation as to why they close the Pinnacle for breakfast on the first two days ? Since nothing is self serve I wonder what the reason is.

They likely want the Pinnacle Staff to assist in Lido.

Our recent cruises, Pinnacle has been open all mornings for breakfast but there was a short time when they closed Pinnacle the Code Orange mornings. It happened to us at least two or three times.

Edited by sail7seas

I've been hot and cold on the Pinnacle for breakfast. I love the peace and quiet (I resolve *never* to breakfast in the Lido again!), and the slightly better server to passenger ratio.

When the servers were primarily Eastern European, we found that it wasn't so much quiet as sepulchral. Between the stiff formality of the wait staff and the quiet of the room, it was a pretty sterile experience. A couple of times on the Zuiderdam we went to the dining room, anyway, and quiet enjoyed meeting new people at the breakfast table.

On the Amsterdam last December, the suite breakfast was on the upper level of the dining room, so it was certainly brighter than the Pinnacle would have been, and the Pinnacle wait staff were mostly Filipina, which provided a slightly more vibrant air.

On those occasions where Code Orange has interefered with breakfast in the Pinnacle, we have either relied on room service or the Neptune Lounge. (Or, when our room service order is incomplete, both!)

I'll doubtless form a more refined opinion on the Eurodam in a little less than four weeks... ;)

Years ago when we did a couple of cruises on the Amsterdam, we had breakfast in the King's Room. When we sailed on the Amsterdam in 2011 and 2012 we were disappointed to find that the King's Room had been turned into a storage room and we used the starboard side of the upper level of the dining room.

I wasn't disappointed, at all. The King's Room could be crowded, whereas the starboard side of the upper level provides plenty of room (and windows for all!)

We've always been on ships with Pinnacle Breakfast since they started offering it. Been years since we sailed the "R" ships. Do you have to show your key card when you enter the MDR for breakfast and want to sit where the Pinnacle stewards are working?

What is the dress code for breakfast?

I don't believe they have breakfast in the Pinnacle.. Correct me if I am wrong.

Breakfast is served in the Main Dining Room and the Lido..

So I went back and read all the posts.. So if there is breakfast in the Pinnacle.. what do they serve that is different than in the Main Dining Room???

Edited by knittingneedles

So I went back and read all the posts.. So if there is breakfast in the Pinnacle.. what do they serve that is different than in the Main Dining Room???

The Pinnacle or King's Room for breakfast is for the PS, SA, SB and SC passengers only.

It is the same menu as the main dining room.

Pinnacle Breakfast is served the same hours as MDR and as stated is for guests in "S", SA, SB, SC, and PH" cabins.

There is no additional charge though many of us choose to tip.