train from the northeast

riandei

My sister and her husband will be cruising with us on January 2 out of FLL. She refuses to fly.

we live in NJ. they will be taking the train from Philadelphia to Ft. Lauderdale on 12/31 arrives on 1/1/15.

My husband and I have booked air thru choice air to arrive on January 2.

Here is my question... has anyone taken the train from that far north pre cruise ??

Is planning on arriving 1 day ahead (approx 17 hours ahead) enough time for them?

We have stayed 1 night in the past at the Sleep Inn in Dania and I was going to recommend this to her but I am not sure if this will far from the train ... does anyone have any intel on this ???

thank you in advance

I've not taken the train from that far north, but a 17 hour cushion will hopefully be enough. They should take the train to Hollywood, it is a bit closer to the hotel and the port.

On the Amtrak site you can check the status of their train. For the past few days, the Silver Star train 91 has arrived between one hour early to well over four hours late.

Hopefully they will have a roomette on the train, it makes the trip so much nicer, and meals are included!

I've taken the train both ways from Boston. Arriving a day early gave me adequate cushion. I believe that I spent one night post cruise in Ft. Lauderdale due to the schedule of the train heading northward. The station is outside of the downtown area so a taxi would be necessary. It was a very relaxing way to end the cruise.

My sister and her husband will be cruising with us on January 2 out of FLL. She refuses to fly.

we live in NJ. they will be taking the train from Philadelphia to Ft. Lauderdale on 12/31 arrives on 1/1/15.

My husband and I have booked air thru choice air to arrive on January 2.

Here is my question... has anyone taken the train from that far north pre cruise ??

Is planning on arriving 1 day ahead (approx 17 hours ahead) enough time for them?

We have stayed 1 night in the past at the Sleep Inn in Dania and I was going to recommend this to her but I am not sure if this will far from the train ... does anyone have any intel on this ???

thank you in advance

I am more worried for you planning to arrive the day you sail. Hope you don't encounter any weather delays!