Caribbean Princess 4nts -what to expect?

travellovers2

:DThe shorter cruises are a deliberate attempt by Princess to attract a younger demographic, and it appears to be working. Still, our short b2b on the Ruby this past winter was just fine, and we have a b2b2b of 5-5-4 nights booked on the Caribbean Princess for this fall.

Passengers are trying to pack as much a possible into each day on the shorter cruises, so there is more drinking, but we didn't see too many who took that to excess, more partying....and lots more people who don't know their way around the ship. On the other hand, we are pretty chill cruisers, laid back - let's just be honest here - lazy!

Hopefully, you've booked late enough so that schools are in session, limiting the number of kids on board.

Be prepared for a number of first time cruisers - the confusion, disorientation, slow elevators - we look at it as an opportunity to be helpful when fellow passengers are obviously lost. You will also see "non-conforming" attire in the dining rooms - oh well - it happens on longer cruises too, and we just relax and enjoy our meal and the conversation. And finally, slower lines, since there are some who aren't into the "have your cruise card ready" for embarking and disembarking at ports.

Try and remember your first cruise!:D:):D

There are also a lot of B2B'ers. We are doing a 5/4 B2B next week. I think one of the things that may have caught Princess a little off guard is the volume of people doing this. For us, it's a quicker way to Elite.

There are also a lot of B2B'ers. We are doing a 5/4 B2B next week. I think one of the things that may have caught Princess a little off guard is the volume of people doing this. For us, it's a quicker way to Elite.

It is also a help to the crew - turnaround day is the worst, and with fewer pieces of luggage to handle and fewer rooms that have to be completely "turned", at least the more frequent turnarounds are not quite as difficult.

Hi,

I am booked on the four-night cruise on the Caribbean Princess that departs on August 28. This will be my first short Caribbean cruise with Princess, but I did four-night cruises out of Los Angeles on the Golden Princess in September 2013 and the Sapphire Princess in January 2014. Both of these cruises were nice. Other than the lack of a formal night, the cruise experience was similar to the longer Princess cruises.

Chuck

We don't mind the lost and confused, but we do try to stay away from the drunk and obnoxious. That's what turned us away from Carnival. We did it once for the experience and that was enough.

I hope we do have b2b cruisers so we can have a relaxing and uneventful trip :D

As other have said, you'll likely see quite a few more 20's and 30 somethings on the shorter cruises, and they don't tend to enforce the dining room dress code in the evening. It's not uncommon to see ballcaps, sports jerseys and shorts next to those in formal wear at the next table.

One thing is for certain, you'll have a great time. Especially if you're on the 8/28 4-day sailing. I'll be on with my cruise buddies. :D

I'll be on the 8/28 sailing too, as well as the 5 day one before it, doing the Caribbean Sampler.

I expect to have a wonderful time and make some new cruise friends.

Edited by flamomo

We are doing our first 4 day on the Golden in October. The ship leaves on a Monday and returns on Friday so the number of children should be low. It will be interesting to see who does come on the ship. We are looking forward to it. We have done 7 day, 10 day and 14 day voyages so far.