Alaska SB Coral - mini-suite choices

surgie

I booked A429 without considering similar cabins on the Caribe and Baja decks. There is availability on both of the other decks for the mini-suite cabins that "bump out". If price remains the same, is there any reason to switch to one of the other decks or choose a cabin on port side rather than starboard?

We have been in A504 for our trip through the canal. On that side of the ship, the dead space you see between A507 and the staircase is where all the service carts are kept for that area. The door was right across the hall from our door. Lots of noise from them every morning. The deck hands also bring all the lounge cushions down the stairs and store them every night in that area. I don't think it will affect your room.

The balcony is very small. Two chairs and a small table only. We did like that we were close to the stairs and could travel up and down easily from this room. But I think for us, we would pick another room somewhere else next time.

Good luck making your choice!

For Alaska, side doesn't matter too much. They turn the ship during scenic cruising and for the most part land is far enough away. Depending on the route, all else being equal I would face west to avoid morning sun if any, but I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd look at the Baja decks. We were in B416 and noticed a tiny bit of spillover noise above A deck, during mid summer when the sun is up later it might be a little worse.

I booked A429 without considering similar cabins on the Caribe and Baja decks. There is availability on both of the other decks for the mini-suite cabins that "bump out". If price remains the same, is there any reason to switch to one of the other decks or choose a cabin on port side rather than starboard?