Hawaiian Duo on Grand for 2015?

lrm

I read that Dave and Elua went to Japan for 2014. Does anyone know where they will be for 2015? Will there be any Hawaiian duo on the Grand for 2015?

Aloha lrm,

Leialoha and I are indeed in Japan, but we will be heading back to our hale in Hilo the day after tomorrow for some R&R. It has been an amazing time here on the Diamond Princess and we certainly look forward to returning next season.

As of today, we do not have our assignment for the 2014-15 Hawaii season with the exception of a short stint on the Pacific Princess in mid-September as it heads to Hawai'i and French Polynesia. We have requested the Grand Princess for the season and hope to know fairly soon our schedule for the remainder of the season. As soon as we know anything, we will post the information here on CC as well as our FB page at: http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

We are hopeful that we will get to entertain you this season.

A Hui HOu,

Dave

(of Elua)

• 2 weeks later...
Aloha,

I saw that the Ruby is doing the Hawai'i cruises in 2015-16. Mmmmmm.....:):):)

Dave (of Elua)

You chimed in...but still no word? Miss you guys. Come on Princess. We are all hanging on by a thread.

Edited by cr8tiv1

If you ever plan a cruise to Hawaii, I highly recommend that you do it on a ship with Elua. They easily doubled our enjoyment of our cruise. We loved the ukulele lessons, the hula lessons, the lay making lessons and the Hawaiian immersion experience in general.

If you can get Elua in combination with David Cole as a Cruise Director, you will really hit the jackpot.

This was one of our all-time favorite cruises.

Thank you very much, David and Leialoha.

You chimed in...but still no word? Miss you guys. Come on Princess. We are all hanging on by a thread.

It is annoying to me that we still don't know which duo will be where -- or even if the Hawaiian Cultural program will continue. But as irritating as it is to me, I can only imagine how disconcerting it must be to both couples. They still don't know and cannot plan their lives. I suppose while they probably have a ship preference, the main thing is to know they have a contract coming. I wish Princess would get on the ball and let them know. It is only a couple of months away now, with final payments approaching on some of these cruises.

I would only go on the Grand this year (I am taking it in both December and February) since I live in San Pedro, and it would make no sense to fly to SF. But if I lived anywhere other than one of those two cities, I would definitely choose the ship that Elua is assigned to. I am sure the other couple is very talented and are lovely people, but Dave and Leialoha have added immeasurably to our enjoyment of this itinerary, and are a large part of why we keep repeatedly taking this sailing.

Edited by Waimea'sMom

Makani E is assigned to the Grand in October, and then for a month on the Crown. No word yet on the holiday cruises!

http://www.fairwindsmusic.com/upcoming-shows.html

I hope both Elua and Makani E are assigned soon!

Oh my gosh! I really hope that either of them are going to be scheduled for the Crown's cruise in Oct. 17, 2015 also. That would be the cherry on top of the ice cream! :p :D

.....are you going to provide this on board experience to the Hawaii cruisers or not?

I am hoping this comment was directed at Princess. You really don't want "me" to give ukulele lessons, hula lessons, and on board entertainment. Star passengers are lucky, they will have Dave Cole early 2015. He can do everything and more (including the hula lessons).

I am hoping this comment was directed at Princess. You really don't want "me" to give ukulele lessons, hula lessons, and on board entertainment. Star passengers are lucky, they will have Dave Cole early 2015. He can do everything and more (including the hula lessons).

Yes, the question was directed to Princess (in the post title/heading).

How early in 2015 wile Dave Cole be on the star? Jan 13?