Does anyone know of any websites what have Plus size clothes... besides the obvious

rene194215

I do almost all of my clothes shopping online now, and have purchased a lot of evening separates on ebay in the last several months.

I shop Catherines (who will deliver for free to any Catherines or Lane Bryant store), onestopplus, womanwithin, Roaman's, and ebay. For swimsuits I have purchased two from swimsuitsforall. I get their Longitude brand of swimdress: they have all black bodyshapers underneath, so you don't look nude if the skirt floats away a little in the water.

On ebay, Dana Kay plus sizes is what I use for search criteria.

Here's my latest ebay find for $16:

1417856616_Floweredjacket.jpg.03ec4c0b5a7b4141d849e63a1636f346.jpg

I do almost all of my clothes shopping online now, and have purchased a lot of evening separates on ebay in the last several months.

Here's my latest ebay find for $16:

Ebay rocks! I just bought a travel knit blouse for our upcoming trip and found another one a few days ago. When I find clothing cheaper, it makes it very easy to purge the closet!:D

I have had good luck with One Stop Plus and I like how you can order from different sites and and it all comes together as one order. I have fun looking at Zulilly but I have ordered home items only. They do have plus sizes and fun jewelry. It changes everyday.

Good luck and happy travels.

Susan in AZ

I am not plus size but for swimwear I like Every But Water because you can sort by plus size or D+ size (I am a D+). Sometimes the prices seem high but I will tell you a secret. When I find a swimsuit I like, I will look at the namebrand (it usually tell you) then go to that brand site or google search that brand and have found the same swimsuit on another site for less. :D

http://www.everythingbutwater.com/

Edited by angelndscz

All plus size garments are not cut the same. I am a 2X, but the higher end clothes from macy, nordstrom, kohl, etc., I have to wear a 3X. The more expensive the clothes, the smaller they tend to cut the garment. These stores sell clothes that are usually too short on me, too. I am also longwaisted, and my favorite length is 30 - 31 inches. That's considered a "tunic" length in most clothing.

I also do not like to wear snug clothing, so I like my clothes to be looser on my body. That's why Catherines is my favorite place to shop (brick and mortar or online), because their clothes are cut bigger. I can actually go down a size with their garments. They are more expensive than the other online stores I recommended above in my previous post, so I use the others mentioned for everyday casual clothes.

If you are a 14 - 18 and like shorter, snugger fashions, then you can shop almost anywhere. But, if you are larger, longer, big tushed, then the other plus size stores I mentioned here and in my previous post above might fit you better.

Edited by pcur

I have taken advise from many of you and I have made out pretty well. I am planning on losing this weight I have on right now so thats why I did not want to spend a lot. I think the most I paid for something just becasue I liked it sooo much was 35 for a maxi dress. Its really nice and from EBAY! I was a 14-16 a couple years ago and now a 24. Yes I gained a lot (2 surguries) but I look at those 14-16 pants and think, YES I will be there again one day!

thank you all for this information!!!!

All plus size garments are not cut the same. I am a 2X, but the higher end clothes from macy, nordstrom, kohl, etc., I have to wear a 3X. The more expensive the clothes, the smaller they tend to cut the garment. These stores sell clothes that are usually too short on me, too. I am also longwaisted, and my favorite length is 30 - 31 inches. That's considered a "tunic" length in most clothing.

I also do not like to wear snug clothing, so I like my clothes to be looser on my body. That's why Catherines is my favorite place to shop (brick and mortar or online), because their clothes are cut bigger. I can actually go down a size with their garments. They are more expensive than the other online stores I recommended above in my previous post, so I use the others mentioned for everyday casual clothes.

If you are a 14 - 18 and like shorter, snugger fashions, then you can shop almost anywhere. But, if you are larger, longer, big tushed, then the other plus size stores I mentioned here and in my previous post above might fit you better.

A good example of what I'm talking about above:

I just got this blouse yesterday from ebay. It's a size 3x, and probably from Dilliards or Kohls. It's too short and too tight on me. However, it makes a great open short jacket with jeans and a longer tank top for a layered look. I cut off the cuffs (bad stain on one), and made it 3/4 length sleeves. This could have been a disaster, but it worked out. It cost $8.50 with free shipping.

614826842_blueandwhiteblouse.jpg.05fd4389e34d19afaaf4b10a2e9547f5.jpg

Edited by pcur