What's the Most "LAST MINUTE" you've ever cruised?

M'mei

I got a call at 3pm Friday back in January from my partner telling me we had to pack when we got home, because we were going on a cruise the next day...

He had kept calling Celebrity every hour for about 4 days...the ship was sold out, but there was a very late cancellation just as they were closing the passenger manifest, so we got in...Had a ball!!

Last minute deals generally mean 30 days away from sailing. Since cruise ships have to submit their passenger manifests to Homeland Security at least 3 days before a cruise leaves, there's no more walking up to the dock on the day of sailing and buying a ticket. Last minute bookings generally mean e-tickets and not true documents.

Where do people come up with this type of nonsense?

This is so not true...

Where do people come up with this type of nonsense?

This is so not true...

Back in 1977, in Boston. Note: naturally this is before all the security was put in place. I was on the dock waiting for the CCL's Mardi Gras to depart for Bermuda. I was waiting for some bags i left behind. While there, a large family was boarding, and an additional family member arrived at the dock wanting to go with them. CCL sold him the ticket right at the dock. Hard to believe, but true. I know the family. btw, my bags showed up as the longshoremen were taking the lines off the ship. My bro came storming in on my boat, and the wonderful long shoremen had them hoisted onboard for me. So, it goes to show you that some of these tales are true.

Archived