How has Cruise Critic helped you?

SewMuch

The site has been an amazing research tool and has allowed me to find answers to every questions i have had yet.

I will say the boards have made me a bit nervous as it seems like a great majority of cruisers do not like kids around them (we have three) and i am also a bit worried about the general additude of some cruisers i am very very laid back. and it seems like a lot of people get mad over the most silly things. I Personally think i may be a little to blue collar to ever be a real "cruiser" but our family is gonna happily give it a shot...

firestopr, you and your family have a fabulous cruise. Be prepared to book more after this one.:) We personally don't mind children on our cruises, we found in all our cruises we have met well behaved children. One was a 2 yr old boy during our 2006 Panama. He was the only one we saw and had fun mingling with the adults in the Atrium ( a Princess cruise )

The site has been an amazing research tool and has allowed me to find answers to every questions i have had yet.

I will say the boards have made me a bit nervous as it seems like a great majority of cruisers do not like kids around them (we have three) and i am also a bit worried about the general additude of some cruisers i am very very laid back. and it seems like a lot of people get mad over the most silly things. I Personally think i may be a little to blue collar to ever be a real "cruiser" but our family is gonna happily give it a shot...

Your family will love it because there is something for everybody!! I think that cruising is the very best vacation for a mom because there is no big discussion of what you are going to do or where you will go, no worries about pleasing everyone's palate, there is always something to eat that you don't have to prepare, no laundry to do, no beds to make, no towels to wash, no air mattresses to inflate, room service!! I can go on! It will be very relaxing for you!! And the kids will be in heaven! Ours always were!! Enjoy your time!! It's the best!!

By far and away CC has helped me by way of fabulous members such as Clarea, Max'sMom, Gina, LMaxwell, Marion_Mom, Gambee, Trainman... I can go on forever, I truly apologize if I've missed naming any of the experienced posters, you have all helped me. Thank you all :) There is no way I could have known what I know now without the help of this board. I really hope as I continue to sail and get more experience I may help others who frequent this forum.

The best tool on CC for me has been the roll calls. Dinners & friendships already formed pre-cruise, private excursions paid for, etc... just awesome :D

I've learned lots, too, but one of the biggest advantages was learning about Rome in Limo, which I used for my dream Med vacation. CC enabled me to sign up with RIL on the roll call or ports forum....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Cruise critic is such a great resource. As a first time cruiser, I learnt so much but the important ones were:

1. take your seasick pills the night before you board

2. cabins to book and cabins to avoid

3. things that the cruise ship don't tell you about ports ie. for one our ports the locals charge $15pp to snorkel. Many of my fellow cruisers did not know this and were disappointed and angry on the day because they were not prepared for this.

3. the things you can do/request to improve your experience in the MDR

4. Good rolls calls really build your excitement leading up to a cruise

4. that its ok to be obsessed about cruising (even if you have only cruised once)

5. That Bob is a fountain of knowledge and that Middle-aged Drama Queen and the lovely German lady (whose name I cant spell nor pronounce) write really good reviews!

Edited by aussielozzie18