Help with balcony please

Firie159

We are new to NCL but not to cruising. We want a side balcony cabin on Jade and the BA category midship seems to be deck 9 and 10. Is one of those decks better? Does one of them extend out from the ship further or do Deck 11balconies extend over or even look down into deck 10 balconies? Any help appreciated.

My personal preference on Jewel class ships like the Jade is deck 10. You have cabins above you and below you. Midship on deck 9, you are also above the lifeboats. I don't think you actually see much of them looking straight down at the water, but I simply opt for deck 10.

The balconies on the sides of deck 9, 10, and 11 don't look down on each other.

Here's a photo of the Jade; decks 9, 10 and 11 are the three decks just above the lifeboats. Have a great cruise!

MedCruise20102295.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Edited by Turtles06

Turtles answered your question really well. I wanted to also mention that if you're on deck 10 you will be under the mini suites or a few penthouses, depending on how FWD you are. But if you're more midship you will have a little added benefit (in my opinion) of being under the area where the buffet windows jut out a bit. I like that for a little extra buffer from the elements sometimes.

Have a great time!