Diamond offer now to some Plats and Golds

GROUCHPUSS

Didn't get it either but we never seem to get anything. Frustrating that they don't extend to all Platinum's even if it was for small period of time.

I think there are more Platinum guests than available berths between the Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Splendor and the Carnival Victory.

That's opening up Carnival to another situation where guests act as if it is a personal vendetta against themselves. Balcony smoking ring a bell?

Edited by Disconnections

Nothing for me being platinum. Guess Carnival loves some more than others. I already have 2 cruises booked through the end of the year. Sigh.

LOL.....although not really laughing.....don't feel bad as nothing for us either. Yep, CCL sure loves some more than others.....giving our newly booked cruise business to the cruise lines that seem to love "us"....LOL!!

I got the offer, we are just getting off of an NCL cruise two weeks prior so not in the cards for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I may ask, just curious... how many cruises and cruise days do you have? And what level are you? Just wondering if these are truly being offered to some golds

I received the offer and after I booked it no longer showed up. I thought maybe because I had a third on hold? After the hold was cancelled the offer re-appeared and all three cruises were available. How odd?

Edited by cruise pup

Somebody posted somewhere that it is not worth the airfare for a four day cruise... here's how I look at it... If I go solo it is 299 ... then I get 200 back to spend onboard... so that takes it down to 99. If I can get airfare for say 350 or so.. that would be 450... divided by two... 200 for cruise 200 for airfare... not a bad deal at all... I look at the total cost of air and cruise when booking.... not the separated costs.

Edited by cruzn buckeye

The rumor is Carnival just released the Diamond deal that was floating around to some Platinum and Gold's. Better check your my offers fast.

How did you find out that golds are getting this offer as well as Platinums and diamonds? just curious where i could find the info in the future...

Somebody posted somewhere that it is not worth the airfare for a four day cruise... here's how I look at it... If I go solo it is 299 ... then I get 200 back to spend onboard... so that takes it down to 99. If I can get airfare for say 350 or so.. that would be 450... divided by two... 200 for cruise 200 for airfare... not a bad deal at all... I look at the total cost of air and cruise when booking.... not the separated costs.

The OBC is $100pp for up to 2 people. Think solos only get $100.

The OBC is $100pp for up to 2 people. Think solos only get $100.

While it states 100pp, my booking shows 200obc for me alone. if i complete my booking and it shows 200 and I only get 100, i would be pretty upset...

Edited by cruzn buckeye

While it states 100pp, my booking shows 200obc for me alone. if i complete my booking and it shows 200 and I only get 100, i would be pretty upset...

I booked the Splendor as a solo and got the $200 OBC. You pay 2 fares, you get the full OBC.

Edited by Jamman54

My Mom (platinum) got it. I (platinum) did not get it. DH (gold) did not get it.

You and your mom are both Platinum.. however do you have the same amount of days sailed? I am Platinum with 149 days and got it... my daughter is Platinum and is under 100 days.. didn't get it. I wonder if that has anything to do with it... that is why I am wondering about gold cruisers... Did my daughter not get it because of the amount of days?

I booked the Splendor as a solo and got the $200 OBC. You pay 2 fares, you get the full OBC.

If i lived closer to NY I would jump on this one.. I have been looking at pics of the Splendor.. and love the lido deck layout...no tiered seating..and a nice open aft pool... Carnival should do more of this...

You and your mom are both Platinum.. however do you have the same amount of days sailed? I am Platinum with 149 days and got it... my daughter is Platinum and is under 100 days.. didn't get it. I wonder if that has anything to do with it... that is why I am wondering about gold cruisers... Did my daughter not get it because of the amount of days?

She has more total cruises than me (sails more 3-4 days) but I have more total days.

I think maybe it's onboard spending. I hardly spend anything and my mom is a shopper.

Edited by rednose83

We finally got an offer. Had to think about Splendor. Booked a balcony. Nice birthday present to me. Figuring what a cruise alone would cost the airfare along with port taxes still made it a win win. 61 days

Edited by grandmacani

We finally got an offer. Had to think about Splendor. Booked a balcony. Nice birthday present to me. Figuring what a cruise alone would cost the airfare along with port taxes still made it a win win. 61 days

If you don't mind my asking, are you Platinum, Diamond or Gold? How many cruises have you been on? Just curious...:rolleyes:

If you don't mind my asking, are you Platinum, Diamond or Gold? How many cruises have you been on? Just curious...:rolleyes:

Actually, never mind... I see you have been on at least 10 and some very nice ones at that...:D

Good for you!! I will just be getting home from the west coast in early October and have to babysit in October while kids go to Vegas...but I keep looking at the Splendor...even going solo and booking flights...what a great deal...and I'll probably never get another one:eek:

See you on board and I'll make sure to sing "Happy Birthday To You." It's not going to be my birthday but this deal makes it feel like it will be. ;) I didn't take a balcony. That $160. will go towards a scuba diver certification course I'm planning on taking on another cruise. I'll just pop in and borrow yours. :D Edited by cruise pup

I got the offer and my DW did not. We are both platinum but I do have over 120 days while my wire has about 90 maybe the threshold was the 100 day mark. We just booked the splendor we live in ny so flight only 1 way. We are going on the breeze 3 weeks before this trip for DW birthday but we couldn't pass up the offer.