29 Days Out and Still No Room Assignment

beachnut41955

Today we are 29 days out from out cruise on the Getaway. Still no room assignment showing up. We have a GTY IX which is the cheapest inside. Is this a good thing, or a bad thing that we still show no assignment? Of course, I check dozens of times each day. LOL!;)

It's neither a good or a bad thing... It just is. You might get your assignment any minute, or you might not get it until much later... There is no way to predict at this point, that much is clear. Just be glad to know that you will at least be getting a cabin that is at least the level you paid for or better (better in the eyes of NCL).

Thanks cliffd64! I am very grateful to just be going since this is my second cruise this year and I had to really penny pinch to do this one. It will be awesome to get away no matter which cabin we are in. We don't stay in the cabin very much anyway!!

:)

I am on same cruise many people on roll call have been granted a upgrade recently I was one of them price dropped so we all moved up so many balconies and oceanviews have opened up. With all this movement I think they may be a little behind assigning gty cabins

Don't worry. Waiting until the final weeks or even final days to get an assignment seems relatively common. A few people report waiting until they get to the pier, but that still seems uncommon. I am 31 days out holding an unassigned IX booking on the Star. I'm hoping for a nice assignment, though we too will have fun no matter which cabin.

I just read on another thread of someone on Epic getting an assignment 94 days out, so I've been checking my Getaway BX booking daily.

But it's 64 days out, no assignment, and they've just done another significant price drop, so it looks like they're pulling out all the stops to sell as many cabins as possible before assigning guarantees.

Why does that song, "Antici-pay-ay-tion!" keep running through my head? The suspense is killing me! :D

Today we are 29 days out from out cruise on the Getaway. Still no room assignment showing up. We have a GTY IX which is the cheapest inside. Is this a good thing, or a bad thing that we still show no assignment? Of course, I check dozens of times each day. LOL!;)

This is probably not going to make you feel better, but I'm on the cruise before yours and I haven't received my cabin assignment yet either.

I can, however, save you some time checking. Guarantee assignments are made my a person in the Miami office. That is important to know as it means that your assignment can/will be made during NORMAL WORKING HOURS (Mon thru Fri 9am-5pm). So...don't bother checking at night or on the weekends...it won't be changing outside of normal business hours.