Flying into Ft Lauderdale

LOVECRUISING100%

Looking into taking a Cruise out of the Miami port but it looks like the only flight I can get is going to Ft Lauderdale.. Just wondering, it looks fairly close on Google maps but I wanted to make sure this is do able?

Has anyone does this? Any suggestions on a hotel?

Thank you in advance !

That's what we are doing in April. After researching, we decided to grab a taxi to port of miami and stay at the holiday inn. It would have been cheaper to stay in ft lauderdale but I didn't want to be at the mercy of a shuttle. Taxi will cost about $75. Shuttles run about $15 pp.

We are using FF miles and it was a way better deal for us using FLL.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami because it is so convenient. If you request a front room you can see the ships dock in the morning and it's great if you are a new cruiser. You can purchase your wine at stores in walking distance and you are across the street from Bayside Market for dinner.

We have used the shuttle from FLL to POM several times. It can get really busy and people can be a tad pushy, but all in all it's just fine and gets you there.

We used SAS transportation both directions when we cruise out of Miami but flew into FLL. SAS dropped us off at the Intercontinental right near the port the day before the cruise and we had scheduled them to pick us up right after the cruise at the terminal. Had to wait a few minutes while they picked up passengers from other cruise ships but we still had plenty of time to catch our flight from FLL.

Edited by erby2283

What others have already said.

Fort Lauderdale airport is my choice when I cruise from Miami.

I also prefer to stay in a FLL hotel and shuttle to the port the next morning.:)

The trip down is very easy and depending on the traffic can go pretty fast.

This is not for everyone and I understand that. It`s just my two cents and I think you will be fine with your choice.

We have done this several times. Sometimes we fly in a couple of days early, rent a car and do a one way drop. Sometimes we stay at a hotel in FLL then have SAS pick us up and transport us.

The drive is only about 30-40 minutes or so (if that). It's not bad at all.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Almost Packed

What others have already said.

Fort Lauderdale airport is my choice when I cruise from Miami.

I also prefer to stay in a FLL hotel and shuttle to the port the next morning.:)

The trip down is very easy and depending on the traffic can go pretty fast.

This is not for everyone and I understand that. It`s just my two cents and I think you will be fine with your choice.

This worked well for us too! We used MJS shuttle service for $13/pp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking into taking a Cruise out of the Miami port but it looks like the only flight I can get is going to Ft Lauderdale.. Just wondering, it looks fairly close on Google maps but I wanted to make sure this is do able?

Has anyone does this? Any suggestions on a hotel?

Thank you in advance !

Since there are virtually no direct flights into MIA from Buffalo we always fly into FLL.

Its about a 45 min drive. You can rent a car or for convenience just use SAS transport for a shuttle. VERY reasonable! I think its still $15 per person.