Mojito with Diamond Drink Voucher

Regarding the kids and the 3 vouchers - short answer - yes :)

Long answer - you do have to make sure their Seapass is active. We don't usually let the set the kids up to buy anything with their Seapass, so we their cards aren't active. They do need to be for them to use their vouchers. You can do this at Guest Services.

On the Indy, they could use them for any of the virgin drinks on the menu as well as sodas or juice during the voucher hours. No problem, and nice treat for them.

And no, we have never taken them into the Diamond Lounge during cocktail hours, so this makes this a very nice change for us :)

We were on Navigator this past March and DW was able to get a Mojito at Boleros with the Diamond voucher. Got them every night.

Well it took about 70 some-odd replies to sift through.... but I finally got the simple answer to my very specific question. Thank you for getting back to my original question. We will be on the Vision next month, so I will try to get a mojito in Boleros. If that is not an option, no big deal....a G&T will be greatly appreciated. We are simply grateful to have this alternative perk. Thanks!

Well it took about 70 some-odd replies to sift through.... but I finally got the simple answer to my very specific question. Thank you for getting back to my original question. We will be on the Vision next month, so I will try to get a mojito in Boleros. If that is not an option, no big deal....a G&T will be greatly appreciated. We are simply grateful to have this alternative perk. Thanks!

I was on the Vision for a b2b from 7/26 - 8/4. I used my drink vouchers every night in the R Bar in the centrum on deck 4.

I tipped $1 per drink, because 15% of the usual price for drinks is close to $1, so I rounded up, and it's easier to carry the bills.

I ordered mojitos every night, and I also used my vouchers for my cabin mate who is Platinum and drank mojitos, too.

She was also welcomed in the Diamond Lounge, and we had no problem taking a glass of champagne with us to dinner.

Had two great cruises!!

Edited by pcur

Sorry, but no Boleros on Vision of the Seas.

Edited by Tagsalong

I apologize if this has been asked before, but will a bartender make up a Manhattan with a twist? All the ingredients are on the list, and I doubt anyone drinks straight vermouth. Anyone have an answer?

Thanks!

I had Manhattans many nights with my vouchers. Shaken, straight up, in a chilled glass.

Also, to answer a previous question, yes, kids have vouchers on their seapass cards for non-alcoholic drinks, too.

Regarding the kids and the 3 vouchers - short answer - yes :)

Long answer - you do have to make sure their Seapass is active. We don't usually let the set the kids up to buy anything with their Seapass, so we their cards aren't active. They do need to be for them to use their vouchers. You can do this at Guest Services.

On the Indy, they could use them for any of the virgin drinks on the menu as well as sodas or juice during the voucher hours. No problem, and nice treat for them.

And no, we have never taken them into the Diamond Lounge during cocktail hours, so this makes this a very nice change for us :)

Thank you for the response and the info on activation. I feel better now.

Edited by Smokey Mountain Tim

Did you give a tip when you asked for it?

I asked AFTER giving them a tip on the drink I had gotten with the diamond voucher. Didn't seem to have any impact. They were not too pleasant at the aquarium bar. I also asked at dizzy's. They were nice but said no too.

I asked AFTER giving them a tip on the drink I had gotten with the diamond voucher. Didn't seem to have any impact. They were not too pleasant at the aquarium bar. I also asked at dizzy's. They were nice but said no too.

Interesting. We started ordering from the regular drink menu at the R Bar, so maybe they just didn't enforce the "other" menu that much. I'll have to remember it when I'm on my next cruise. I usually order manhattans, anyway, so the mojito was just a little diversion from my usual favorite.

My theory:

Explorer gets A LOT of repeat cruisers. By this, I mean people who sail EX again and again and again. They feel very, um, comfortable, at home on the ship. They can be somewhat/very, um, demanding.

Since the Aquarium Bar is on the route in to the MDR, I expect that they get quite a few D/D+/PC people heading into dinner, "asking" for a drink.

And I am picturing that not all are particularly pleasant, patient or full of tips.

Asbestos suit on. I can take it.

My theory:

Explorer gets A LOT of repeat cruisers. By this, I mean people who sail EX again and again and again. They feel very, um, comfortable, at home on the ship. They can be somewhat/very, um, demanding.

Since the Aquarium Bar is on the route in to the MDR, I expect that they get quite a few D/D+/PC people heading into dinner, "asking" for a drink.

And I am picturing that not all are particularly pleasant, patient or full of tips.

It could be a possibility

Might be also lots of passengers in shirt temper mode on way to dining room that gets em

Don't think it would just be d etc

But the theory of

Location and timing is very sound

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My theory:

I'll stand next to you with the fire extinguisher, MM, because that is exactly what I heard from the bar waiter on the Vision earlier this month. She said the Diamonds and above were not very nice about their vouchered drinks.

They were to be only for non-cocktail type drinks as in the Diamond lounge.