Carnival ships without "adult only pool"?

holdon216

Recently booked The Breeze for next summer. I have been told the aft pool is not an adult only one. I even wrote Carnival and found out that in fact that is the case. What other Carnival ships do not have adult only pools? And WHY OH WHY would Carnival do this to us with grown kids who are looking to get away from the little ones? YES, I know there is an adult only Serenity deck. But there is no pool there. Our favorite place to hang out on our last 6 cruises has been at the aft adult only pool. I really think CARNIVAL should re think this one. If it is not broken what are they trying to fix?

I'm ok with the Serenity Deck and hot tubs. If they didn't have that then I'm not sure I would enjoy my cruise as much. Not that I don't love children, but it's more the quietness of the Serenity Deck that I enjoy the most.

We like to go up to the Serenity deck early and hang on the lounges or on the hammocks. But in the afternoon we like to have a drink by the adult pool and relax and converse with other adults. The main pool is for one and all so I don't understand why they would turn the aft pool into the same. This Breeze cruise could be our last Carnival cruise if they do away with the adult pools all together.

I have also heard this is true on the Dream.

Can anyone confirm?

Was on the Dream last month and the it's the same as the Breeze and Magic. Although the aft pool and hot tubs are not adult only, the majority of people back there were adults. Most of the kids hung around the mid pool.

Lack of an adult pool is another reason we are switching to Princess. The adult pool on Princess is definitely adults only. They have a security guard there to make sure no kids encroach on the area. There are enough places on any cruise ship available to children. Adults should have a place to relax!!!

Recently booked The Breeze for next summer. I have been told the aft pool is not an adult only one. I even wrote Carnival and found out that in fact that is the case. What other Carnival ships do not have adult only pools? And WHY OH WHY would Carnival do this to us with grown kids who are looking to get away from the little ones? YES, I know there is an adult only Serenity deck. But there is no pool there. Our favorite place to hang out on our last 6 cruises has been at the aft adult only pool. I really think CARNIVAL should re think this one. If it is not broken what are they trying to fix?

None of the Fantasy Class have adult only pools. All of the Conquest Class do.

None of the Fantasy Class have adult only pools. All of the Conquest Class do.

Someone will answer this---

What about the pools on 11aft of the Paradise and Elation?

Conquest class has a covered adults only pool in the aft (next to the ice cream machine, pizza place, and a grill) , BUT it is not in the Serenity area (which is next to Camp Carnival) towards the front of the ship. I believe Serenity has a hot tub though.

My favorite Serenity area is on the Spirit class ships. They have their own pool and hot tub. The only inconvenience is that when the slide is running you can hear the screams of children and may get splashed with water.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Conquest class has a covered adults only pool in the aft (next to the ice cream machine, pizza place, and a grill) , BUT it is not in the Serenity area (which is next to Camp Carnival) towards the front of the ship. I believe Serenity has a hot tub though.

My favorite Serenity area is on the Spirit class ships. They have their own pool and hot tub. The only inconvenience is that when the slide is running you can hear the screams of children and may get splashed with water.

Conquest class also has two hot tubs in the adult only pool area.

It is correct that the Dream, Magic and Breeze pools are open to all. Having that said we sailed on the Breeze in the beginning of July and mid August this year and from what I saw the back pool was pretty much kids free, other than me taking 5 year old into the pool on a few occasions since the mid-shift pool was too crazy. Now, was it free from kids because most people thought it was an adult only pool like on the Conquest Class ship, I don't know, I knew it was available to everyone because of my PVP from Carnival. There are plenty of other places to relax on the Breeze trust me. Also just keep in mind the time of year your sailing, summer equals lots of kids and very few pools, July sailing had 1500 on board or at least that is what we were told, I'm sure it was close to that in August as well. You may find the Jacuzzi's on the Promenade Deck to be nice and quiet while still near a lot. One of the Jacuzzi's on the port side has the Red Frog Pub right next to it, and the Pub does provide service to this one.

Edited by outdoors27

You make a good point that ...shhh..."they" might not know that kids are allowed in the aft pool. We did the Dream a few years back and I honestly do not remember any kids in it. So lets keep this hush hush :cool: We always cruise in July and have no problem with kids. But it is nice to get away from the craziness for a bit and relax.

Was on the Dream last month and the it's the same as the Breeze and Magic. Although the aft pool and hot tubs are not adult only' date=' the majority of people back there were adults. Most of the kids hung around the mid pool.[/quote']

I think Carnival has it backwards. The area around the Lido pool is an adult environment with the bars and adult music. This should be an adults area and Carnival should dedicate a smaller more family friendly area to the kids--like around Waterworks or the waterslides or Camp Ocean.

I think Carnival has it backwards. The area around the Lido pool is an adult environment with the bars and adult music. This should be an adults area and Carnival should dedicate a smaller more family friendly area to the kids--like around Waterworks or the waterslides or Camp Ocean.

Sorry but I think they have it spot on. I know I don't want to be near the 20 year olds drinking their butts off acting like idiots with all that noise. Nice and quiet (for a public area) by the aft pool.

I totally agree and have written John Heald .He did a poll on his fb page and everyone agreed they need to change that was 4 months ago.I suggest u write him in his Facebook or Blog ..the more that request this better our chance of change .He has a lot of influence .His blog is on bottom of carnival webpage .