Just off breakaway (8/24/14); brief review and answer any ?s

Few more things as I think of them:

The new internet pricing by Mb falls in the GREAT category!! For $15.00 I purchased 100mb. This gave me just enough to check internet, do a bit of research, and upload pics to facebook daily.

Bob purchased 300MB for $30.00 and was able to take care of all his business needs (checking email several times daily; uploading products, and even doing a little trading on the NYSE). I would estimate he spent about an hour a day online and had MB to spare at the end of the cruise. Of course, much depends on what you are doing online (text emails use barely nothing) while skyping takes up much more.

Certainly the best value for online of any ship I've ever sailed and the connection was pretty speedy as well. :)

Few more things as I think of them:

The new internet pricing by Mb falls in the GREAT category!! For $15.00 I purchased 100mb. This gave me just enough to check internet, do a bit of research, and upload pics to facebook daily.

Bob purchased 300MB for $30.00 and was able to take care of all his business needs (checking email several times daily; uploading products, and even doing a little trading on the NYSE). I would estimate he spent about an hour a day online and had MB to spare at the end of the cruise. Of course, much depends on what you are doing online (text emails use barely nothing) while skyping takes up much more.

Certainly the best value for online of any ship I've ever sailed and the connection was pretty speedy as well. :)

Thank you for the review. It is our turn on the 31st of Aug. :)

Thanks for mentioning the internet plan. We are trying to get more info about that.

Were you using your phone or a laptop? I have read in a different thread that using a phone used up the MB very quickly.

Thank you for the review. It is our turn on the 31st of Aug. :)

Thanks for mentioning the internet plan. We are trying to get more info about that.

Were you using your phone or a laptop? I have read in a different thread that using a phone used up the MB very quickly.

I used a Samsung galaxy5. I had the internet manager (who was great) turn off programs running in background and auto-updates and had zero issues. I can see where auto-updating would be a huge mb zapper.

Bob was using a dell microsoft laptop. He did not do anything special in terms of set up and did perfectly swell.

Hope that helps. HAVE FUN! She's a beautiful ship :)

Thanks everyone for all your comments about this ship!

19 days till we are on her and can't wait especially since it's our first NCL cruise. Love Bermuda but it's only my 2nd time there....hubby's 4th.

Keep those hints and tips coming please.

I used a Samsung galaxy5. I had the internet manager (who was great) turn off programs running in background and auto-updates and had zero issues. I can see where auto-updating would be a huge mb zapper.

Bob was using a dell microsoft laptop. He did not do anything special in terms of set up and did perfectly swell.

Hope that helps. HAVE FUN! She's a beautiful ship :)

Thank you so much!

I will probably get the 100mb just to check the internet a little bit. Good to know that I can use my phone.

You should be fine, my wife and I went the weekend after labor day last year and had no problems getting in any place. The ship was about 85% full. Their was still a large amount of teenagers

I've always wondered how people find out how many pax are on the ship. Is this something you ask at guest services OR is there somewhere we can look up that info now?

is Slam Allen still playing in the jazz club ?? if not who is ??

tks

Slam Allen left a few weeks ago. Replaced by Charlie Love. Fat Cats wasn't packed like the pictures I saw when Slam Allen filled the place, but Charlie and Crystal put on a great show and the people in Fat Cats were awesome to hang with. Just a great crowd.

Thanks for the great review! Happy to hear about the possibility of getting a pitcher of beer, that was something that I couldn't ever get on the Epic. I'm wondering about your troubles with UDP reservations. In the descriptive copy for the package it says reservations would be guaranteed for UDP guests if booked 24 hours or further out. Did you mention that when they couldn't seem to fit you in when you wanted? I was going to leave all my reservations until I'm on board because of this statement. It sounds like you didn't have this experience, which is a bummer. I don't really want to book all my dining online now... Maybe I should though and just cancel/change once on board. Not happy to hear about your less than stellar experience with the reservations!

Thanks for the great review! Happy to hear about the possibility of getting a pitcher of beer, that was something that I couldn't ever get on the Epic. I'm wondering about your troubles with UDP reservations. In the descriptive copy for the package it says reservations would be guaranteed for UDP guests if booked 24 hours or further out. Did you mention that when they couldn't seem to fit you in when you wanted? I was going to leave all my reservations until I'm on board because of this statement. It sounds like you didn't have this experience, which is a bummer. I don't really want to book all my dining online now... Maybe I should though and just cancel/change once on board. Not happy to hear about your less than stellar experience with the reservations!

Hello (I"m from Michigan too :)). I started a thread about the lack of reservations availability prior to even sailing. It can be found here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=43884453

Quite a big discussion on what my challenges were with the entire UDP reservation system as the issues started prior to me even boarding. If I were you, I'd POSITIVELY book your reservations now and hope for the best when it comes to changing later :). It seems my experience is a bit of a 'worse case scenario' but I should be testament that it can happen :). Keep in mind, after all the challenges with reservations, I'd still choose UDP! :)