Dave’s Live from Amsterdam 14-day Alaska, August 24 – September 7, 2014

RetiredMustang

Thank you for taking the time to post and for including all of your wonderful photos. It brings back memories from our cruise a couple years ago. This is such a fantastic itinerary, I hope to do it again one day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The Statendam is scheduled to go there in 2015, but don't know if it will or not with the sale to P & O winding up. The renovation list has been posted. Does anyone know which ship will be replacing the Statendam on the schedules.

Thanks

Okie1946

The sale of the Statendam will be after the 2015 Alaska season.

Dave,

It was great meeting you on this cruise. I hope to sail with you and Kathy again.

Elsie

Hi, Dave. Nice to meet you on board, and wish we had been able to spend some time really chatting.

I just spent the last couple of hours reading all about your cruise (and checking out some of the pics), and realized again that two people on the same ship at the same time take two different cruises. :) You seem to have had a great time of it! The pics were great.

Thanks for refreshing my memory (it's short these days) of what it was like.

Elsie,

It was truly enjoyable to see you about the ship, and to share time together. I hope we might share another cruise.

Ruth,

I'm glad to have finally met you. I too am sorry we did not have time to just sit and natter, about cruising and life in general. But, now I do know what Greg Neal means when he says he likes to cruise with you.

Maybe we will all cruise together again, someday,

Dave

The Statendam is scheduled to go there in 2015, but don't know if it will or not with the sale to P & O winding up. The renovation list has been posted. Does anyone know which ship will be replacing the Statendam on the schedules.

Thanks

Okie1946

The Statendam transfers (not sold) to P&O Australia after the Alaska season next year.

The sale of the Statendam will be after the 2015 Alaska season.

Glad to hear that we will have the opportunity to sail on the Statendam before it leaves the fleet. DH and I decided to book this for our 2015 cruise.

Okie1946

• 3 weeks later...
"...purchased tickets for the shuttle downtown ($11 CAD each round-trip)".

Did you find that you needed to exchange USD for Canadian dollars for your day of Victoria touring or did you just use your credit cards? Thank you.

We had Canandian notes. We usually exchange currencies before cruise if we are going to stop in non-Caribbean non-U.S. ports, simply because it is easier, and we don't have to ask if they accept U.S. currency. IIRC, the tour bus operators would also take $US, but I don't remember if it was at par, or if the fare was a dollar or two higher for U.S. currency. I did not notice if they took credit cards, but I imagine they would, since the bars, stores, etc. we visited in Victoria all did.

Dave

• 6 months later...