Navigator - Beware of cabin 1278

Grand Suite, Deck 10. Do not spend one night in this cabin without testing the mattress for at least 20 minutes, or asking if it's recently been replaced. This was the absolute WORST mattress we have ever slept on ANYWHERE. Very thin, very hard, very lumpy. It actually hurt my hips every time I tried to sleep on my side. We did not get one good night's rest the entire week. How is it possible that a premium room like this that comes with a premium price could not offer some of the best mattresses? Even our interior cabin from 30 years ago had a better mattress than this one. In retrospect, we should have asked for another one, but I should not have had to do so. Shame on RCI!

You've been on a lot of cruises. You could have asked for an egg crate. They could have solved the problem had you told them. Of course you shouldn't "have to do so" but that's life. You could have mentioned it to the concierge - that way you would not have hassled with Guest Services at all. I know, hindsight is 20/20.

We are in a JS and if we get an upgrade and they offer this room - we're taking it! :D

I know not sleeping well is no fun. I usually have a hard time sleeping on a cruise as well as I do at home. Probably the rich food and alcohol! :eek: Hope you can tell us some good stuff about your cruise.

And yep - fellow Longhorn. HOOK EM!

There have been quite a few recent complaints about the mattresses in the Grand Suites on Navigator. We were in 1578 in April, and I jokingly referred to our mattress as a Pinnacle member because it had been on so many cruises!:p

Our mattress was not bad enough to keep me awake, but it was the worst one we've had in quite a while. If it had been any worse I probably would have complained, but since I was able to sleep I just ignored it. I understand what the OP is saying though -- for the price of a cruise, one should be able to assume the mattresses are replaced on a regular cycle before they're past their useful life span.

The mattresses obviously weren't part of the "every inch of the ship" refurbishment.:rolleyes: