How far out does NCL assign guarantees?

ldlewis45

Simba, do you have an assignment yet? I booked a BX and was assigned yesterday to a BA on Deck 11 so I'm pretty happy. Just over 5 weeks to go....

Got our assignment on Tuesday so 5 days pre-cruise. We got a BC on deck 11. It's way at the front starboard side but for the price we paid I cannot complain. In less than 3 days I'll be sitting on that balcony looking at Lady Liberty :)

Unless I missed it (possible, because I don't read every little thing NCL emails me), I didn't get any email that my cabin was assigned and my docs were ready. I just happened to notice both on routine checks online. I'd keep an eye out if I were you instead of waiting to be notified, if you're eager to know.

Being that I will be checking nearly every other day anyway until I can print my docs, either way will work for me :) Not much will escape my compulsive watch :)

Got our assignment on Tuesday so 5 days pre-cruise. We got a BC on deck 11. It's way at the front starboard side but for the price we paid I cannot complain. In less than 3 days I'll be sitting on that balcony looking at Lady Liberty :)

And the weather is supposed to be great on Sunday too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are 8 days out from our Getaway cruise and finally got our assignment. We have 5 people in our family, 3 young kids and we wanted to do this cruise on a budget so we booked one of our 3 kids in a family members cabin.

Well, we just got our cabin assignment and we have a family ocean view on deck 5, so all 5 of us will be in one cabin after all :) Not only did we get a ocean view that holds 5 but it is the Handicap accessible cabin and from what I have read it is over 500 sq feet, so I am a happy camper, our gamble paid off :)

Hi, let us know how handicap cabin is on Getaway, husband and l will be traveling on May 2. 2015, we are booked on balcony but curious on handicap size. Have a wonderful trip.

Azdad3

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Woke up this morning to an email from NCL that our documents were ready to print. Got our assignment! We booked an IX and ended up with an ID on deck 8. I'm happy with the location because we're close to all the restaurants, bars, and entertainment. 42 days out!

We booked the Getaway for October 11, 2014. We booked at $779 per for a BC category cabin (13th deck), plus $50 OBC per. I noticed a price drop after final payment and called my Internet TA. We were able to switch to a GTY suite for $719 per - the TA put the balance of money back on our credit card. We lost the OBC. Around September 10th, we received a cabin assignment for an M3 category on deck 12.

I called the TA last week and asked for the price to upgrade to a spa suite because I saw two still available. I was quoted $600 per. I'd love to do it, but not this cruise. :)

We got our assignment on friday for the Getaway 11/29 and we got a BC on the 11th floor... quite good since we were booked in two cabins and we got cabins right next to each other....

For the price we paid for our bx, it's never been anywhere close since.... Even the biggest drop was 100$ over what we paid and we got a 50$ obc... So all in all we can't complain! :)

Martine

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi, let us know how handicap cabin is on Getaway, husband and l will be traveling on May 2. 2015, we are booked on balcony but curious on handicap size. Have a wonderful trip.

Azdad3

The size of the Handicap cabin was awesome, 545 sq. feet, tons of storage for clothes and a big bathroom/shower. The only issue with the layout was there is no counter space or shelves to put stuff on in the bathroom, just a sink and a large mirror.

We actually only spent one night in 5138 (ocean view) because there is a HUGE noise issue with this cabin. 1st, there is a crew galley right above you that they use for the Illusionarium so from 10 pm-12:30 am every night there is tons of banging, and really loud noises. Then there is a pillar in this room and when the ship is moving it makes a LOT of creaking/popping sounds. It was way too loud to sleep even with ear plugs.

I called to inquire about where the noises where coming from and without even asking, they said they would move us into two inside connecting cabins on deck 12. Even though we had to give up our ocean view and tons of space we did it so we could get some sleep the next 6 nights! It was a good move as the cabins on deck 12 were so quite and our kids got their own cabin/bathroom.

Edited by gottogetaway2

It is really so different each time with the assignment. For our tour on BA we booked an BX first and got the assignment directly after the booking with a BC on Deck 13. A few days ago, after the prices dropped here in Germany we upgraded to a MX and are waiting for the assignment this time.

Thanks gottagetaway for info on handicap cabin we have decided to wait for a smaller ship the jewel and do another Mexican Riviera next Dec as well as this Dec, and save up for Alaska 2016

So have been busy reorganizing our trips etc, but will keep info for down the road.

I recently received my room number 10139 for the Epic December 7th sailing. I am not sure if that is a good location or not. It is on the mid starboard. Does anyone know if this is a good spot?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

Edited by Carrie Clark

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a B2B in July 2014 for a cruising January 24th, 2015. I received my cabin number 5840 in august before the final payment in november, but nothing for the second week. Really unlucky to had this cabin, only two with this category OX throughout the vessel. I look forward to receiving my cabin for the second week.

Someone he already had the 5840 deck 5 Oceanview category OX?

thank you

I recently received my room number 10139 for the Epic December 7th sailing. I am not sure if that is a good location or not. It is on the mid starboard. Does anyone know if this is a good spot?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

Carrie - It looks like a good spot to me. You are down a little ways from the front elevators. I like being mid-ship.